I'm brown can I say Nigg*r without being a racist?

I'm like brown Caucasian without any black ancestry is it racist for me to say Nigg*r.
When I said it before I got funny looks.

Most Helpful Girl

• It probably best to avoid using it since its a derogatory term if the user is not black.
    If you insist on using it be prepared to upset some people.
    #UseCommonSense

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• No one should say that word ever. It's a horrible word. I don't understand why people want to be racist assholes to each other all the time.

• You shouldn't say it at all.

• Why do you want to say it? Do you want to be perceived as racists? Of course that is what people will think! There is no need to use the word no matter what race you are. Unnecessary and hateful word.

• No, depending on how you say it.

• Why would you ever feel the need to use that word anyway? Do you not know the meaning behind it?

• Internet is free zone

• Free?
      Try using the C-word on a racist [Saltine or Ritz] and you'll see what happens.

• To some extent, I think the word has kind of been taken back (like the word "queer") but not quite as fully. I don't think it's an acceptable word to use in any context, but especially by a non-black person. I think it still is a racist term and has deeply negative social, historical, and cultural connections. I'd like it if the word died out, I think it does more harm than good for sure.

• It doesn't matter who or what you are, you shouldn't be saying that word at all.

What Guys Said 10

• That's just one of those words that even black people should probably drop. It carries so much negative weight and can be taken to be very offensive to some people, even if it's not meant to be. I think by black people continuing to use the word it seems acceptable to non-blacks (like yourself) and could get you in a lot of trouble.

And even if the "slang" version of the word (with an "a" at the end rather than "er") is probably not the best word to use these days.

• Brown Caucasian. . . so you mean you've got a tan?

Anyway you can put yourself in a room where no one will hear and say it as many times as you want. If no one hears what you say then it don't matter what you say. It can be racist, sexist. . . anythin' you want

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

• Nah, bad idea. Why do you even wanna use it? It just gives black folks all the more reason to reappropriate. That word ought to be removed, in times like these.

• I think you should say whatever you want to say without caring about what people are going to think. Freedom of speech is a basic human right (for now) and if people start to dislike you because of that, they might as well go screw themselves.

• Why would you want to say it? It's best not to say whether your black or not. If you are reading a book and it's in it you can quote it but the casual use without context would not be appropriate.

• It's even racist when black people say it. So yes it's racist.

• Hell if I know, Just tell 'em you are trans-racial!

• In my opinion. It's only racists if you actually hate a certain race.

• Not again! :*p Saying N*** must be part of Tourette syndrome

• Probably depends on who you say that around