Are Humans naturally good or evil?

I think All the people are selfish , jealous and self-seeker I think humans are naturally evil and There are Great thinkers believed in People were evil ( Hobbes , Freud ) What do you think? Humans are good or evil?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh, evil for sure.
    All the horrible things that happen in the world are mostly cause of humans.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are 7+ billion people and 7+ billion different interpretations on what exactly humans are. And from this minor observation I draw the conclusion that humans are the least definable creatures in existence.
    We can be whatever we want to be. Are there bad humans? Yes. Are there good humans? Yes. Are there those who are fall underneath a morally grey category? Also yes.
    My point is that your definition of humans is wrong.
    My definition of humans would be wrong.
    Anyone's definition of humans would be wrong.

There can be no single definition. It's completely subjective.

What Girls Said 12

• I believe in the theory that says babies are born with a blank slate.

• There is the bright side and the dark side. Its up to that individual to make the right decision. No one is "naturally" some way unless growing up as a kid they had mental issues. Its a choice.. Everything in life is a choice and the word natural being used for a certain behavior is an excuse.

• Humans are naturally evil... we are taught values, morals, manners, and what's right/wrong by our parents

• Good and Evil is an illusion, there is only choice by that in turn result in different outcomes based upon circumstance and perspective of which one may perceive it.

• All people are born good but their society either keeps them that way or turns them evil

• Naturally selfish

• Naturally evil. I agree with you about the selfish part. However, all of us have good tendencies

• Humans are good by nature, and tend to become evil.

Humans have always been good, however what make them evil is that they chose the wrong path instead of the right one. It's based on their decisions, and also keeping in the good path takes time and dedication which is not the case for evil one.

• Evil.

• Good and bqd are even in this life and this is a philosophy question... which has sooooo sooo many long long sides and opinions cannot be answered in a paragraph... so a human is a complex creature... so..

• Humans are naturally neutral.

• I like to think that people are naturally good.

What Guys Said 12

• To say we're naturally inclined to either good or evil is to force the universe into our limited perception. We conceived of good and evil, it's a social concept. A gazelle being torn to shreds by a lion is neither good nor evil, it just is. A person kills another person, we say its evil, but if all social concepts were removed this act is merely just an act. If you put a certain style of belief onto the act, it can be seen as noble, terrible, justified, unjustified, it all can be one thing or nothing or everything.

It'd be more accurate to say the universe is uncaring, as we try desperately to cling to our small pocket of self-delusion to escape the sheer amount of "not giving a shit" the universe really has for us.

• Neither, they are built to survive, some better than others, but there is nothing more to it than that.

• I think that most people naturally lean towards good. Perhaps, if we had a scale from 1 to 10, with 1 being absolute evil and 10 being absolute good, then people are naturally a 7. Good, but with very observable flaws, like a streak of selfishness and greed.

• 0|1
  • Liberals think humans are basically good, conservatives think humans are basically evil.

I think humans are basically good, but there are genetic deviations who cause great harm

• Evil. Most people I know are nasty fuckers pretending to be nice. I just dispense with the fake niceness.

• Good and evil are human concepts.

• Haha, are you optimistic or pescimistic?

• I think most people are good

• In the jungle good and evil have no meaning. The strong survive and the weak perish.

• I think people mostly are naturally good such as when I try and do things which may be bad in a way I always end up not doing them cause I don't want to hurt that persons feelings.

• Give any creatures an intelligence and something evil will bound to happen