Have you ever been in a situation in which you feared for your life?

I mean truly feared for you life... not some silly phobia.

I have a few times, and to be honest im lucky to be here today.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, which is probably why I have a bit more perspective on life than most people. You become thankful, not easily angered by the constant ridiculousness you are exposed to, and somehow more in tune with what is actually important in life and how we take for granted our lives. Our ability to even be bored and not have the trials of cancer and terminal illness knocking constantly at our door. In truth, sometimes the thing we need the most is a shock of reality that each day we are here is not promised. We plan ahead for the future without realizing that about every 10 or 15 minutes, someone has no future. If we lived like we were going to die tomorrow, surely our fears wouldn't hold us back from doing the things we actually want to do. We could use some more appreciative, lion-hearted folks in this day and age.

Most Helpful Guy

• I rolled down Mt. Fuji as a teenager. I climbed to the very top, then tried to walk down. One of my feet slid with the volcanic rock, so I put the other foot to catch my other balance. The other foot also slid, and so I did it again, and that slid... and before I knew it, I was sprinting down the mountain like an Olympian with no ability to stop. So I had to hurl my body (shoulder first) down to stop myself, and then rolled for who knows how long after that.

I came out of it a bloody mess -- every single exposed part of my body bloody, and was in total shock. I couldn't even register what people were saying for hours. I wasn't actually seriously injured but that time when I was sprinting down the mountain, I had to make that decision to dive to stop myself from picking up more and more speed.

That was probably the worst. I've also been hit by a car while skateboarding, had a gun pointed at me once, and got stung by a bunch of jellyfish while surfing in Malaysia which left the entire ocean bloody for about a 3 meter radius (I actually thought my leg was bitten off by a shark by the amount of blood). But none of these things made me fear for my life as the Mt. Fuji incident, I was just worried that I might have lost a limb or punctured an organ and would need surgery of some sort.

• I imagine these things are like baby stuff compared to, say, a soldier's experience though -- but that mountain incident was pretty terrifying.

What Girls Said 10

• I was in a plane ride back from australia last year and during that time I was afraid the plane would crash. It was not founded on any real evidence but the fear was real.

• I have, but only in dangerous situations like a car accident or being in fire.

• Yes, I have. On multiple occasions has this happened.

• yep.. . . .

• Yes, a few times actually

• Yes, my sisters ex husband held my sister and me at knife point in her home for nearly 2 days. She had an injunction out against him but it didn't work. It was a terrifying ordeal. He only got a two year suspended sentence

• I have. Yes

• No I haven't

• Thankfully no.

• A few times yes.

What Guys Said 13

• Hmmm... no, I don't think I've ever had that kinda situation happen to me. But I have been very scared for the life of a loved one.

• I drifted down a snowy mountain. I've told this story before.

Basically it was a spaghetti road with no railings and huge drops.

Drifted most of that motherfucker at 70MPH in 3rd gear. There's some footage on my buddy's phone of me pulling my 'no hands!' trick about an inch from the edge of the road. Watching that made me think 'shit I was literally an inch away from certain death with no hands on the wheel'.

The bit where I actually feared for my life was when I crashed into a boulder and fucked my alignment up. I hit reverse to pull myself out and the wheels were pointing in the opposite direction to the steering wheel and I nearly went off the side. Like, my rear wheels were hanging off the side of this mountain pass. Some friendly dude in a truck pulled me back onto the road. Somehow managed to limp home with what little steering control I had. Scary situation though...

• Well I've never really feared for my life because I'm not afraid of death but I've been in a couple of those situations.

• One time I made a woman mad
    feared for my life

• Yes, yes I have and I am also lucky to be here today.
    (they were even digging my grave when I was let out of the handcuffs)

• Yeah. When my parents caught me masturbating.
    To be honest, I'm lucky to be here today.
    jk.

• When I lost my parents in the grocery store when I was much younger.

• Yea, I was about to fall off from a height of 8meters.

• A few rocky flights, a four wheeler flip or two. Car accident recently

• Yes, yes I have...

• Yep, had a really bad bike accident in my teens.

• Yes. Good learning experiences assuming you survive. You also see things differently.

• there were 2 times where I thought I was going to die for sure