Are you a judgy person?

Do you judge based on looks/accents/name? Doesn't have to be fully, but do you make at least some assumptions?

• Yes, it's okay to judge
  • No, it's not okay to judge

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone makes assumptions. It's how we survive in a world of imperfect information. And we should all exercise good judgement.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know everyone says that you shouldn't "judge" and while I agree to a large degree, there is also being realistic. And realistically you need to be observant and judge everyday. Judge situations, judge people. That doesn't mean that you write them off or immediately assume that the sketchy guy on the corner is going to rob you, but that you observe and are aware of him. It's survival and instinct. Even animals size each other up

What Guys Said 18

• 1|3
  • A lot of people in this world judge things, but more judge others.. I do not judge anyone.. and I know since I have been on this site.. probably some have judged me.. because I wear diapers and rubber pants everyday.. and they can judge me if they want.. the ones that do that do not even know me.. and those kinds of people I do not want to even meet.. let alone know..

• It depends on first impressions. I mostly remain indifferent. I become judgmental if people decide to do something questionable and tell me about it, but then again, I have done a lot of questionable things. I know people judge me for a lot of things, but it makes no difference to me.

I would say yes, it's ok to judge - because in view of one's own convictions, one could learn to actually follow the advice /judgments they pass onto others.

Then again, it's not ok to judge, since not everybody has the mental strength to cope with it.

Bottom line is, I don't want to desperately "fix" the world for it's the most simple view on the world one could have, judgment is inevitable. Counter it with witty one liners :) It's the survival of the fittest.

• I really try not to but I bet at a subconscious level I do.

• No, not at all actually, I'm careful with quick decisions on people. I'm taking my time to learn to know them :D
    First impressions on people are often very wrong since you either focus on one obvious strong or weak point :o
    But the person as a whole may be totally different from that first judgement!

• Like a 4 on a scale of 1-10
    Y'all won't believe me but I like giving people the benefit of the doubt

• I am very judgmental and over-analytical, however i RARELY voice it. And most people are able to change my minds about them if i give them a chance.

• Generally no, I try to be as nice and understanding as possible and if I ever find myself judging someone I'll immediately correct myself.

I'm in no way perfect, nor is anyone else; who am I to judge?

• Yes, of course. Judging is normal.

• Well I mean sometimes I might look at someone and go "Ew wtf are you wearing?" But I'm not basing their whole personalities off of their looks.
    Aren't we all just a little bit judgey?

• I make judgments off of people's habits and the way they carry themselves. I like to read into people more than just look at them.

• Sometimes I am and only on certain things.

• sometimes it's really hard not to judge... especially with looks.

• damn right i judge people on there looks, on there personality, how they act, and the list goes on

• Nope 💁

• I have immediate thoughts, those bits of information that snap to the front of your mind when you process what you are seeing.

They don't determine my thinking though, they're just pieces of information, memories, perceptions. My sense of reason will pick and choose what points I determine are valid and which ones aren't.

I judge, sure I do, we all do. It's how we stay alive. But I don't speculate about people I don't know.

• I judge very strictly. Relationships are a business proposal, why set it up to fail?

• yes everybody judges all the fucking time

What Girls Said 15

• Not usually but sometimes I do a little bit. If somebody weighs 300 pounds and is anti-religious I will judge them for their looks. However if they weigh 300 pounds and accept people's religious ideas, I won't discriminate against them simply because they are fat.

• I don't care to judge... I bet someone could easily judge me for all my mistake!

• Hell no, im not that girl.

• So you're saying if you saw a child molester in a day care you'd be okay with that because he is no longer a child molester? OR a man from Iraq with a turban at an airport yelling making a scene with a backpack? You wouldn't judge?

• Whether or not it's okay to do... I am a judgy person.

• Lol, I judge people all the time. I'm sure they judge me. I don't care. It's a part of life. It's okay to judge people, but it's not okay to act like a bitch about it.

• Hmm I will observe someone's behavior and judge them based on what they do, what they say etc. but usually I find myself judging someone and then finding out that I was off base and that person isn't like that or they have reasons for what they do... Than I try to understand where they're coming from.

• I will never judge a person based on race, religion, ethnicity, accent, their ability to spell, intellect or anything like that. We may be different, but we're all just trying to live and get through our days.

... but let me catch you treating a waiter or waitress like shit. Then I'm fucking Saint Peter.

• I never judge someone, for only one reason. In fact, the only reason I'm not doing so it is because I have no idea what the person has gone through, I have no idea what he/she's been fighting for his/her whole life. Simply, I have no idea at all from where he/she comes, and eventually if I know that I'll surely not judge someone because it is her/his own decision and the best I could do is to give personal advices. No more than that. :)

• Judging is normal. It's just something that our brains have been trained to do. Taking action on these judgments by shutting others out/degrading them, however, is not normal or okay.

• Sometimes I judge people on looks without even meaning to. I've gotten better about it. If I ever make a judgement about someone I don't say it allowed. I hate it when I see someone looking at me and seem to be making assumptions about me so I try not to do it to others. Or if someone is talking really harshly about a judgment they made about another person I will confront them

• No, I don't on superficial matters. I try and get to know the person before I make any type of rash judgment.

On other matters, of course I do. It's necessary to discern and judge.

• No, i worry about myself.
    Unless i was involved with a guy and i felt like he was doing something kind of off then i would judge that.

• I think everybody does, I really try not to tho

• No. It's up to me to judge people.

• No, I'm not a judgmental person.