Help!! my kitty cats been injured, what should I do?

Both of his rear legs are injured and bloodied since this morning. He can use his front legs limited but thats all. I wrapped him up in a blanket and put him in my room where its warm. I want to take him to the vet but the roads are so bad from the winter storm we can't even get a car out of the driveway and the vets dont do house calls. He also won't eat because he's injured. I dont want to let him go or have him euthanized i want him to get better and be the strong cat he was. All he wants to do is lay around, well thats all he can do right now. What should i do?

I really dont know how he got injured whether he was in a fight, got hit by a car or what. All i know is he's my buddy and I dont wanna lose him
Sadly my cat did pass away this morning 😢

Most Helpful Girl

• Let him rest. Keep him warm. Keep very close by to him some water, or diluted milk, some wet food preferably a treat food or even some real fish or chicken, and his litter tray, so he won't have to move much. It's important to keep him calm and warm in case he's shocked and to keep talking to him soothingly, also important that he has fluids
    Take him to the vet literally as soon as you can travel again. Most vets have emergency hours so you can still take him if they're closed.

Poor thing probably got hit by a car :( it's really sad you can't take him to the vet now. You may be able to call one for advice though. In my area, I know there are some I can call 24/7 for advice, so Google your area and see.

• he's always been a outdoors cat so i have no litter or litter box i may try to get him to eat a little real food later if i can get any

• One way to help see if it was a car or not is looking at his claws. When they're hit by a car, they usually have no claws left or just tiny stubs, because they've tried to claw into the road. If it was a dog or something, he should still have his claws but might have a few missing from the fight. So check that first maybe.
      And when he's letting out meows, is he usually a cat who meows a lot to you or is he just meowing today because he's hurt?

• He always meows but extra today because he's hurt

Most Helpful Guy

• Awwwwwwwwwwww poor little guy. :(

Here, check this link. There's good info about what to do until you can get him in to the vet. Obviously, the sooner you can take him in, the better.

I hope he's okay!

animals.howstuffworks.com/.../...ry-treatments.htm

• If the situation is dire, then I'd suggest looking up the nearest emergency veterinarian and getting him in there ASAP.

What Girls Said 8

• If you see a wound, put an antiseptic on it. Feed him good stuff like liver and chicken. Offer him this, syringe feed him if you can't leave for a few days.
    It's good he's warm, make sure he doesn't get cold in this state.
    Call the vet and ask them what you should do, tell them it's an emergency and you can't make it out but schedule an appointment.
    I'm sorry this happened.

• I really dont know what else to do as far as food, he really doesn't feel like eating. He got injured early like 4 this morning. Honestly im still surprised he's here.

• He will probably live

• Good :) !

• I just NOW saw this here, @smahala1991 and I also Answered my sorrow for the sad death of your Loved One, in which You... Can't even get a car out of the driveway...
    You are Doing Everything Humanly Possible to keep him comfortable with what you Need to do because of the Vet crisis Ordeal here, dear.
    Continue to make him as comfy as possible and just let him sleep... He will probably just want to be left alone on his own now.
    Good luck and my blessings, and so sorry again that he was not able to see his way through until the roads had cleared. xx

• What are your choices? To kill it or Wait till the storm passes and bring it to the vet? Hmm, how bout you wait till the storm passes so you can get to the vet.

• Call your vet and ask him what you can do at home with the things you have available to you

• Take him to the fucking vet and get him checked out.

• Take it to the vet

• Call the vet and he tell you what to do!

• OMG get it to the flipping vets dont let the poor cat suffer

What Guys Said 6

• Are hos legs broken or just lacerated? If they are not broken just clean the wounds and bandage them, if they're broken then you should isolate and splint the break. Google cat sedation and see what's safe to help him sleep, and get him as soon as possible to a vet.

• I have photos ican show you

• Use antibacterial soap if you have it.

• Sorry to hear that... you have my sympathies

• Sure sorry to hear it man.

• Just try to go to the vet as soon as you can, do you know anyone with a awd/ 4wd vehicle that can get through the snow better?

• No i hardly know anyone here plus the vets offices were closed today and will be closed tomorrow too

• Yes he was earlier, right now I just have him in a chair bundled up

• He's probably in severe pain since he was bleeding and couldn't use his legs. If it were me, and my cat was hurt like that, I'd find a vet somewhere that was open. Even if it was in a different city nearby. I couldn't let him hurt like that. I'd probably just rush into the er room if no vets were open at all for 2 days and ask what to do, I'd be panicking. But ask your neighbors first, maybe one would know something.

• disinfect. clean him up. get him comfy. drive him to the vet in the morn.

• I have nothing to disinfect him with and its supposed to be even worse in the morning than today

• That's stinks that you don't have any cat soap. I know it's risky but you could try human soap and human water to clean a disinfect the wounds.

• @SarahsSummer i could try it but im afraid too, I've never dealt with this before. i just don't want to lose him

• If the vet says the hip's broken, it's over :'(

• Send to an animal hospital ASAP!!