Sore throat - what makes it go away ASAP?

Yesterday I was celebrating my friends 18'th birthday. I drank a bit, but didn't get drunk.
Me and a friend left around 22:45 since we had to take a bus down to the central station, so we could get home before they required extra for a night ticket.

We waited on a bus in ten minuts in horrible cold weather. It was so cold! even though we both wore pants, booths, extra socks, sweaters, scarfs, hats and gloves. I wasn't like we wore heels and skirts outside.

My throat is killing me right now. I can't speak as much, as it feels like i getting strangled. I also feel that I can't breathe probably.
I did smoke a bit - only one though, and I never get a bad throat after a cig.

What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Green tea, Chamomile tea, warm milk with honey, are the least stressful ways
    to get rid of a sore throat, and with items that should be readily available nearby.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cough drops help.
    For me, honey ginger 'tea' is the best.
    Take a cup of water, add cinnamon if you don't like ginger, chop an inch of fresh ginger, add as much honey as you like. Don't let the mixture boil. Drink it hot.

It's delicious to me without the cinnamon, and it makes me feel great. Once I was in a dress and had to walk across campus late at night. It was so cold, and the wind was furious. Needless to say, my throat was shredded for about a week, and I couldn't even speak. The tea helped so much and comforted me.

Also, salt water gargle.

What Guys Said 3

• Here is what you can do to help. 1,000mg of acetaminophen ever 6 hours (anti-inflamatory) gargle salt water to help keep things clean. Have a warm cup of tea with honey, and get some menthol throat lozenges. They taste like ass but really do help.

• Drink lots of water, keep yourself hydrated. That's the number one thing.

• Drink again so you can avoid this problem till next time you wake up OP

What Girls Said 1

• A really good remedy for sore throat is tea with lemon juice and honey. It'll sooth your throat a lot. You can drink orneat any thing peppermint as well. I believe the peppermint suppresses the cough. Eat and drink warm liquids and try not to eat foods that'll be too hard to swallow. Apply a warm towel to reduce swelling of the lymph nodes... And get some rest. If you follow to taking medicine Tylenol or Chlroseptic is good. But use within moderation and make sure you aren't allergic to any of the ingredients. 😊 Get well soon hunny 😘