Is 24 still too young to get pregnant?

I am 24 and turning 25 in 2 mos. I think I am pregnant. I am not yet ready to be a mom and I am not yet married. I am afraid people will judge me because of this. I am not financially stable but I have a job as an elementary school teacher and my salary is not enough to support a baby. Do you think I am still too young or this is just a normal age get prego?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's awkward because the biological clock has your chances for pregnancy diminishing as you head towards 30s and onward (though some women can have children really late -- I have a friend in her 40s who just recently had a child, though it took her three years of trying with her husband and multiple hospital trips where she had to do something with her ovaries).

Yet I think you have to be willing to kind of lose that carefree lifestyle completely (same goes for marriage). Shared income, responsibilities for people other than yourself, etc. It'll generally ruin your kind of single life, and your life will become centered around kids and work (if you work).

I'm totally ready for it in my mid-30s but I realize after spending extended amounts of time with my friends who have kids, and babysitting them voluntarily, that this is a really hard job to do 24/7, and pretty much the doom of any carefree youthfulness you hope to have.

It's okay when you're ready to say goodbye for the most part to partying, shopping for whatever you want, eating wherever you want, etc. The right timing to me lifestyle-wise to get married, and even more so to have kids, is when you're ready to sacrifice all such freedoms.

But biologically, pregnancy favors an earlier age.

• I am not the kind of person who goes out to party and I don't shop for things I dont need. I just think that I am not ready now cuz I might need to leave the job if ever im pregnant. I. Know it'll be hard and a lot of things will change. Getting my own house will be impossible for a few years with the baby. :(

• Job is also tough -- workplaces usually aren't nearly as understanding as they should be towards mothers. I think, from a lifestyle choice, it's quite wise to wait.

• I wish more workplaces would understand mothers more.

What Guys Said 3

• You shouldn't have a baby if you cannot afford it. That is more important

• It's a normal age, however I would try to get things adjusted right. Although I've known women in worse positions that have managed to take care of a child.

• Medically no. Emotionally and financially, probably. I think you'll find if you have a kid you can get all kinds of money from the government.

• Not with the corrupt government. I'll starve to death if I stop working.

What Girls Said 8

• 1) Plenty of people start a family at (before) 24 and are happy. You are not to young.
    2) that shouldn't be the #1 factor. If you think you can't provide for that child and it really worries you, don't feel obligated towards one choice. You have multiple choices (keep baby, give up for adoption, ending the pregnancy). Its not an easy choice, but you dont have to be stuck. :)

• from what you described.. a baby might not be a good addition cuz he/she is going to need everything too.. its his right.. you need to think this through..

• There is not a specific age to be pregnant girl, if you're not ready you're not ready even if ur like 30 years old, yes you're young and you can still live ur damn life I suggest you to have abortion bc later you won't be able to afford him everything he needs neither what you need if your salary can barely support you, you should think further!

• There is no universal optimal age to get pregnant. It is about what is right for you and also what is right for the baby. If you don't feel you are currently in the right situation (financially or emotionally) to bring a baby in to the world, then you shouldn't. It wouldn't be fair on you or the baby.
    Perhaps also consider the father in this situation. Would He help to support you? is your relationship with him too hostile to raise a child? What are his religious beliefs (I. e. Opinion on abortion- if you were to be pregnant)
    Either way, you need to consider what is fair on the child, and what is healthy for yourself!

• The age is fine but you're personally just not ready

• Um.

Well, Well it will be hard to start a career with a baby but then again you could always not try to start your career until the baby is a few months old so it could also make it easier.

:\

• it's not too young

• Too young is different for everyone, some people will always be too young to have children. Average age is about 26 but like I say, it won't mean that everyone is ready, I'm 26 and I'm in no way ready for that sort of thing,.