How do I make something out of my life?

Here I am laying in bed bingewatching family guy, on a Saturday, not getting out only to pee or eat, and wasting time making me feel like an unimportant lifeless person. I used to hang out a lot and only see my bed at the end of the day. Now I've got nothing to get up for. Monday till Friday I go to school and work. In the weekend I'm free to do what I want and I do nothing. I'm tired a lot, I'm not really happy but I'm not depressed either, I think. I just don't find joy in things anymore and I find it very hard to get out of the house and just do shit. I feel like I'm throwing away eveything I ever worked for. What should I do?

What Guys Said 2

• It happens, those slumps where you're lazy and unmotivated. It'll pass more quickly if you try to actively pursue something you're interested in, something worth getting out of bed and work towards.

Easiest and most accessible thing is like some hobby, some social club or something like that which forces you to have some kind of weekly schedule, things of this sort.

Then there are life changes that kind of reinvigorate you, from finding love to marriage to kids, they all kinds of reset and give you something new to wake up and motivate you to do things.

It's also good if you can at least make a friend or two to kick you out of bed when you get like this. Don't be all lazy and refuse -- this kind of stuff tends to leave you endlessly tired and unmotivated. It's counter-intuitive, but you kind of have to put your body in motion to get over that kind of seemingly endless fatigue.

• Yeah, you're right. But I'm not someone to find a hobby very easily. I hate most things. I hate most people. I'm so complicated, I wouldn't know what I'd like

• Drawing, writing music, some sport, creative writing, juggling bottles like a bartender? I don't know -- there should be something in there you can find which you find really fun and that you have a lot of potential doing it (that can make it more fun when you're compelled to get better).

Also it could just be a group of people. It always seems kind of nerdy to join like some club, and the really enthusiastic members can seem kind of off-putting. But they force you to do something social say, once a week. They force you to get out of bed and put on some clothes and do something, and that can really help.

Usually there's something repressed deep inside that demotivates people -- like a sense that you're just going to be stuck doing the same thing forever, things of that sort. So you might need to build some goals and dreams (not hopelessly ambitious ones, but ones you can make progress towards daily).

Even something like a diet or fitness goal can at least give you something.

• Find a hobby. Something physically challening that makes you happy and at the end of day you're exhausted and with smile on your face. The first couple of weeks you'll probably feel horrible. Trust me I know. Also helps if your hobby gets you close to someone to flirt with.

What Girls Said 0