Girls and Guys: What's an amazing book to read?

I want something that makes you think and is intellectually stimulating. I really like mystery and action books. Thanks! 🙂

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmm... I like The Dresden Files. It's filled with enough action and magic for my liking but still pull out the detective smell from it along with the conspiracy theories.

I also like The Lost Fleet series. A lot of military sci-fi are from views of a grunt or action hero. There are very few military sci-fi that put a strong impression of officers, strategies, logistics, long term planning and their conduct with a fair mix of action in between.

Lastly, Art of War, not really entertaining but exceedingly enlightening.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• i like writer harlen coben. he writes mysteries. I especially like the Myron Bolitar series
    Shades of Gray (not the 50 shades book) is an interesting dystopian novel
    I love anything by F. Scott Fitzgerald and Hemingway
    The Hunger Games books are cool with some decent action

• "Mathematical Theory of Optimal Processes" by Lev Pontryagin et al.

In the words of my late great optimal control professor, "It's good reading for the beach."

• I just finished a book called the Autumn Republic, it is the final book in the Powder Mage Trilogy. it is set at the beginning of an industrial revolution. it mixes gun powder and sorcery

• Tony Robbins: Unleash the power within. Will change the way you think forever. You are a bit young to maybe find this interesting. But you can prove me wrong.

• A few books I'm reading are The Martian and Star Wars: TFA.

They both quite intellectually stimulating, I suppose.

• how we die by sherwin nuland

• Books written John Grisham, David Baldacci or Nicci French are very good

• Fifty Shades of Grey... Oh wait. I guess it is stimulating in a way. What is your genere? Fantasy? Sci-fi?

• I love Sci-if and Fantasy

• Hohoh now we're talking :D. Let's see this recent series I read called Mortal Instruments is pretty darn good. Has romance, demons, angels action etc. Another good one would be Game of Thrones. Although cliche, the writing is quite good and I find myself immersed into the world of the writer. Divergent was alright too I guess. The first two good. Last one... eh... I've heard the Martian was also very good. In any case I tend to read things that are not so focused on themes/motifs but are more focused on world/ character building. I do not read anything with slow-pacing because I have attention issues however. So I don't think any of those were "intellectually stimulating".

• Sounds good! I've heard of Mortal Instruments. I might give it a try, thanks 🙂

• 50 shades of grey

• Plzzz plzzz read wuthering heights by Emily Brontë it's AMAZINGGGG

What Girls Said 9

• Shantaram! Read it, it really changed me- well sort of lol but I was really gutted when I finished it

• Any book written by Karin Slaughter, she's my favorite author.

• Ship of fools! Its a sci-fi book about how foolish humans are. Very beautiful and quite dark in places. I sujest this book to anyone who asks for a book to read :)

• This isn't mystery or action but Girl Online is good

• Gone girl if you haven't read it yet; that book is a masterpiece.

• I've heard of that book before. My friend raved about it. I'll have to check that out, thanks 🙂

• I like the neanderthal parallax. Ita a trilogy about earth coming into contact with earth from another world where neanderthals are the dominant ancestors of humans and not homo sapiens. Its really intriguing and focuses on cultural differences and stuff.

• Read "Notes from Underground" by Dostoyevsky. I'm addicted and have read it twice. Rather short but more than intellectually stimulating. Definitely pure philosophy and dark humor though, can't say it's action. Haha.

• Watership down

• my favorite series of books I liked reading was the ugly series they were good books 😎