Doesn't it aggravate you when someone blocks before you have a chance to reply?

It's so annoying. It usually goes like this:
They ask a question
You answer with your opinion (in a nice way)
They disagree and get angry
You try to reply to explain your reasoning or to continue the discussion but you were blocked

IF YOU CAN NOT HANDLE OTHERS OPINIONS DONT FUCKING ASK QUESTIONS. Good lord

Someone asked a question that was "Why do women cheat" and I answered "Why do people* cheat" and then he replied "You should learn how to read" before blocking. But the details of the question were like "Why do women cheat when they have loving husbands at home blah blah"
How does that even make a difference? It's still PEOPLE** who cheat. Cheating men apparentally don't have loving wives at home lol

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• And that is another example of why removing the downvote was bad. Before, you could let him know that his opinion was bad by casting a downvote. No words to inflame and not user identification to allow this to happen. On the other side, I prefer knowing who is downvoting me, so forcing the comments does accomplish that. So good and bad together.

What Girls Said 10

• It would be nice if the interface disallowed mid-conversation blocking.

Like, okay, block whomever whenever, but any ALREADY-EXISTING conversation thread should be "grandfathered in" and allowed to continue.

This would be really really really easy to implement. If this site works anything like phpBB, it would take about 45 seconds to implement this.

• Yes, it does. Like, you don't like my opinion so you're gonna block me? Really? It's childish. Sometimes the person might misinterpret what I'm trying to say and instead of letting me explain it, they decide to be an ass and block me.

• lol All the time. It is their way of winning so they don't have to make a valid argument.

• Haha I had a question like this😂... used to annoy me, I just don't give a fuck anymore

• Not really. It's childish... lol. I know I was blocked without even talking to a particular person.

Any guy (and yes, it is only men) who does that, I literally have zero respect for because it is very cowardly. :)

• Happens all the time, such a pussy move.

• YESS this one kid sc chatted me "you're a bitch" and doesn't even know me, he blocked me before i got the chance to reply

• Yes. That annoys the hell out of me. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

• Lol I think it's really immature to be honest. Not everyone will agree with everything you have to say, such as life!

• Yes, hate it

What Guys Said 9

• Yes, this REALLY annoys me. Another thing that annoys me is when you respond to an already existing opinion and that person gets all edgy and grumpy and starts yelling at you. Just a week ago or so, I responded to a girl's opinion because I strongly disagreed with her and although I was very polite in my wording, she got super bitchy and said "shut the fuck up, I have absolutely no interest in having an argument with you, just drop your stupid teaching and go somewhere else". I was like "wowww... maybe if you can't handle discussion, you shouldn't post any opinions".
    It's soooooo annoying.

And I'm sorry I have to say this now but it's really true in my case: it's ALWAYS girls. I've never been blocked by a single guy although I've had a couple of heated arguments with guys on here but I've been blocked by about 5 girls. And also those people who tell me to just shut up and and not attempt to start a discussion are exclusively girls. I don't know why that is or why girls on this site seem less mature than guys but it's something that really bothers me.

• I've noticed both guys and girls getting angry and blocking.
      It's just so immature. These people don't understand that if someone disagrees with you, they don't necessarily want to argue. It's like none of these people know what a civilized discussion is lol

• Yep, totally agree. I don't even wanna know what these people are like in real life. Argh...

• Yes, but typically it's people that answer a question I post, then when they disagree and I engage in debate, they get pissed off, then post a bunch of things, then immediately after posting 4-5 consecutive things, they hit the 'block' button on my own question!! lol

In fact, it annoys me so much, I asked this very question, only reversed: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1872623-gag-shouldn-t-allow-users-to-block-askers-inside-of-their-own

• Nah, I am a man. I don't care. They can play those little kid games if they want.

• A little, but you know you kinda won since they are the one that blocked you first

• I had that happen when a guy said if it was bad he hit a girl lol. Then he started attacking me on the post and I couldn't do anything, but everyone agreed with me he was wrong but whatever.

• for about 10 seconds... then i move on.

• No it doesn't really..
    It means I my one f*** was released , now I can give it someone else.

• yup.

• Ask a question which answer is going to be subjective and then argue with the person who answered their opinion or preference, you might get blocked.