Why don't some people respect other people's opinions?

This is so frustrating! People get way too heated when they don't agree with someone or something! I truly believe no ones opinion is wrong because it's an opinion. People have different beliefs. So shouldn't people respect that? You don't have to agree with the opinion but you should respect it! What do you guys think?

Most Helpful Guy

• People feel threatened when others don't agree with their beliefs. That disagreeing with them is showing that their thinking is wrong but really it is just different. Most people can't understand that some views are really just different and are neither better or worse.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because it's the 21st century, there's a lack of respect and common sense.

What Guys Said 3

• because they don't agree, and they're asshole enough to speak their mind about it, when they should realize other people really dont give a fuck what they think.

• Fuck that, I don't give a fuck about other peoples opinions (on specific topics) like if someone was like black people are violent thugs you're goddamn right I'm gonna think they're opinion is wrong and that it shouldn't be respected. I'm not gonna go ape-shit on them but i certainly wouldn't respect them just for that opinion.

• They think their opinions are far superior, kind of funny if they don't respect it. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the site

What Girls Said 2

• No I don't respect everyone's opinions and I have no obligation to. If one's opinion is extremely racist for instance, I won't respect what they say nor will I hold any respect for the person.

• It's the way the world is. You can't please everyone with your opinion.