Which do you prefer? Laptop or Desctop PC?

Most Helpful Girl

• Desktop. My laptop doesn't have a 970 or i5-4690k in it. Desktop wins by default./

Most Helpful Guy

• I like desktops because they are faster and more powerful. The screen space is also larger generally, which is important for me when I'm working with Logic Pro (music program). Plug ins and pop ups can fill up screen space fast. It also is very cpu heavy.

However, I'll use my laptop when I need to (when I don't have access to a desktop). I like both, but if given a choice I prefer desktop.

What Girls Said 11

• Depends on what I need it for. I do like watching movies in bed, but for anything that requires computational power, a desktop is preferred.

• Laptop.
    At least I can use it in my bed xD

• Laptops and tablets for me. I think the last time I used a desktop was almost 10 years ago. Even my computer at work is a laptop.

• I've been using a laptop for so long now that I just can't deal with desk top key boards. And I'm a writer so that makes all the difference to me.

• Laptop for me. It's easier for me to use since it's portable.

• I prefer laptops. You can take them everywhere.

• i've always preferred desktops but i like laptops too

• I've always preferred desktops.

• Laptops because they're portable.

• I prefer laptops, I like that they're portable.

• I love desktop computers. They last longer and you don't really run the risk of dropping them (I know from experience 😓).

What Guys Said 27

• Desktops last longer and have more power for the same price.

images.locanto.co.za/.../...t-PC-Refurbished_1.jpg

• My wife likes her laptop because she can close it and store it away to have a neat desk. I don't care about neat desks. :)

• I hear you my dear friend. Loud and clear :)

• It depends: I personally found desktops to be more comfortable to use, and you can have more power in there and build your own PC the way you like.. But a laptop is also better in the fact that you can move it anywhere.

if I were rich, I would personally own both, but yeah, isn't it funny that I'm typing this with my iPad since I don't own either of them? 😂

• I like the portability of a laptop, but I like the power of a desktop. Plus, the desktop has a much larger screen, which I can not carry around. So the obvious answer is that I have both.

• i love my desktop for gaming and work. Im not a big laptop person. If I have to go portable. All I want is my little chromebook. Its all I need or want

• I prefer desktop, though laptop is more convenient, but for what I like to do, and what I need to do, desktop is much better.

• I prefer a desktop for gaming and productivity, as more powerful hardware is cheaper and it's easily replaceable when damaged or faulty. You can also do badass things like custom watercooling loops and have as many screens as you want.
    Laptops are handy, though. I'd like one just to stream games to bed when I'm too lazy to sit at a desk.

• Laptop, IDT i'll ever own a desktop again really

• Desktops are way more flexible in terms of building them and value for money
    A smart phone can give you some of the abilities of a laptop when you out and need a computer

• Laptops are convenient (and I use one when necessary), but I prefer the flexibility and expansion capability a desktop provides.

• I have both.

on the desktop I play games and edit videos
    the notebook is for university and at home on bed

• i really like laptops more. I just enjoy being able to take my work and gaming habits with me wherever I go

• I like laptops because I like that it's portable but I break laptops so easily and I've broken every laptop I've had lol

• Desktop. They're more powerful and more easily upgradable, and I don't take my computer anywhere so I can get a bigger screen.

• I prefer laptop. I use mine as a desktop basically but I can move it around when I need to. I don't do anything powerful so a laptop is more than enough power

• Laptop!

• i use a desktop, but i find both equally useful

• I like laptop for the mobility.
    Also, I have a gaming laptop which is good enough to play Witcher 3 on low res, high settings.

• Well for work I use a desktop in the study because I cannot be distracted.

For leasure laptop or tablet

• More powerful, customisable and less lickley to get stolen!

• What about desktop with wireless monitor keyboard and mouse? :) take everything around your house!

• I have both. I prefer my notebook for work and my desktop for gaming.

• Laptop for everyday use.
    Desktop for video games.

• Desktop.

I have a high-end gaming desktop PC.

My laptop is good, but it's not for gaming.

• Laptops definitely have a shorter lifespan.

• However, laptops win on practicality. My advice, use desktop for heavy usage and the laptop for essentials. Don't even load too many software and data (pics etc) on the laptop.

• Desktop. Who needs a laptop when phones can do just about everything a laptop can?

• Laptop

• Women prefer laptop and men mostly prefer desktop. Interesting. But then again that's pretty obvious.