Desperate to please?

My mum was mentally and emotinaly abusive to me growing up and installed a need to please people and show my value for approval in me. I haven't been able to shake people pleasing and need to show I'm worthy even after I ran away from home. I want to be able to let go of my need for peoples approval and have value in myself because I think I'm vaulable but no amount of telling myself I i'm vaulable and don't need to please people helps. The need to please and be seen as valuable is espically prevelant when in realtionships or when dating women, I feel I'm not good enough and that I need to be more than I am to win their affections and approval. Any advice?

Also Been to therapy, didn't help at all so I'm looking for things I can do on my own

What Girls Said 1

• This is a very deep routed issue that stems from childhood because it is, I advise you to seek counseling. I think you need to seek professional help.
    A lot of people will say things that sound cliche like, "You are worthy, you deserve the best" but that will do nothing to fix the pain and psychological issues you've suffered.
    <3
    My heart is with you.
    I suggest you to reach out to those that are experienced in this field.
    With work and effort you will get better.
    You ARE worth it, never second guess yourself.

What Guys Said 0