Why do little kids move around so much when they're sleeping?

OMG those tiny humans are EVIL! So, I'm always babysitting my little cousins and sometimes they sleep over. Well, I'm a light sleeper, every single thing/noise wakes me up!

WHY DO THEY MOVE SO MUCH? CAN'T THEY JUST STAY STILL? :/

What about you? Do you move a lot when you're sleeping? Are you a light or a heavy sleeper?

Most Helpful Guy

• My baby cousins are like that too! They always wake up with their heads placed where their legs should be. I would never sleep in the same bed as them lol When I have to babysit I am always at my aunts house so they have their own beds.

When they are awake tho they are always up to no good. Thats me most of the time.
    45.media.tumblr.com/.../...psvsIe1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Most Helpful Girl

• I just figure they're having little kid dreams and that makes them move around? XD

What Guys Said 8

• Lots of questions there
    (1) Why do little kids move around so much - I think they are dreaming but why do they settle as they grow older , I don't know - Interesting fact my father had dementia, essentially returning to a childlike state and I had to share a room with him for the last year or so of his life before he passed away from cancer but he started moving an awful lot again while he was sleeping having dreams.
    (2) I don't think I move that much - I am a terrible sleeper - The slightest noise or light wakes me up and I can't get back to sleep.

• They move a lot, sometimes I end up on the floor! -.- aww, I'm sorry about your loss Dave.

• Thanks for that all I can say is you adapt to a different place where you manage your grief better - You never forget it, it is just on a tidier shelf of your heart rather than making your bedroom a mess like at the moment, hope you understand what I am trying to say.

• Little kids? My brother is 18 and I don't know how he doesn't fall from his bad. He moves so much that I haven't seen in my life such a messy bed every day after he wokes up.

• Well I babysit a set of twin girls two or three times a month for some friends and one time had them over for three days.. one night I was cleaning up the room they were in while they were sleeping and I was very quiet while doing it.. but noticed both of them started moving at about at the same time... so I just stopped what I was doing and watched them for a minute.. they also were making small facial expressions as well.. about three minutes later both started crying and woke up.. both had wet and pooped their diapers at the same time.

I spent the next 20 minutes changing both of them. Then when I was done changing both their diapers and plastic pants, of course they then thought it was now play time.. it took a while to get them to sleep again.. pretty sure this does not apply to all little kids and babies as all are different.. but it did apply to them that night and they did it again the next night.. it was for sure not a big deal to me.. but that is what my opinion was that night of the situation and decided to share it when I seen this question.. take care now

• I know right! When sometimes my niece (she is 3) is sleeping next to me, she keeps on kicking everything, and eventually turn to 90 degrees from her original sleeping position. I am like, "fuck me!!!". But then I am a heavy sleeper, I cover my face with pillow, trying to ignore her kicks and then doze off. :p

• I don't think I move a lot when I sleep, though I do turn from one side to the other a few times before I manage to get asleep :o

• I think it just depends on the person (hellion), but im i heavy sleeper. It take 3 alarms to wake me up lol it may seem good but its a bad thing trying to get to work on time.

• Because they're kids and sometimes you feel them too much sugar

• they could have ADHD

What Girls Said 3

• Have you ever thought of getting them an air mattress or a pull-out couch to sleep on so they don't disturb you so much?

• I've seen plenty of adults move around a lot, too. I don't think I move much, and I'm typically a heavy sleeper.

• great babysitter. Yeah, I would trust you with my kids, right...