Do you enjoy hanging out with disabled people?

I used to enjoy talking to them because I knew I was helping somebody who likely did not have as many friends as me - the act of helping others made me happy.

0|0
2|6

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to get paid to hang out with disabled people - kids mostly. I loved it. My first job with a paycheck, but it increased my empathy considerably. Would not trade that experience for anything.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• Are you talking about physical or mental disabilities? Cuz I have a physical disability but I'm not sure I'm the sort of person you're talking about ;-).

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't enjoy hanging out with disabled people because they are disabled or it makes me feel better. I enjoy hanging out with people who I genuinely think are awesome but happened to have a disability. My most recent ex is a nice girl that happens to use a wheelchair.

0|0
    0|0
  • 0|0
    0|0
  • can't say i make an effort to but I would not have a problem doing so

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends. Thay are alright if they aren't assholes.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• My job is to be a behaviour interventionist/tutor with people with disabilities, namely who fall on the ASD spectrum.

Would I enjoy hanging out with them socially, outside of work? If their disabilities didn't prevent them from being able to partake in activities that I enjoy doing with any other friends like going to the gym, discussing certain topics, going out for sushi, etc., I don't see why not.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, why not?

I don't think of people as having disabilities, to me they are just people with different abilities.

^.^

0|1
    0|0