If your son acted this way with you or SO, what would you do?

• spank him
  • slap him
  • scold him
  • time out
  • nothing, kids will be kids

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd put him back where he came from.

What Guys Said 13

• Those options are all TERRIBLE. Although admittedly, the worst one is probably doing nothing...

Okay, so first of all, MY child would never act like that. I'm actually the tiniest bit knowledgeable on what makes for good parenting, so my kid wouldn't ever be such a little shit.
    However, twilightzone time, my kid starts behaving like that, I stop what I'm doing, throw the little shit over my shoulder and bring him kicking and screaming to the car. Drive his ass home and give him the punishment of a lifetime. I'm not 100% sure what it'd be.

Probably I'd send him to his room so I could calm the fuck down, b/c I'd be FUMING! Then when I was in control, I'd bring him out and tell him what I planned on doing to him. Something that's not too light, but not too harsh either. It needs to be impactful on the child but not so out there that the only thing he learns is "dad is an asshole" I'm thinking a loss of all privileges for maybe 1 to 3 weeks, depending on his behaviour, followed with an "I'm so disappointed in you" speach on top.

Now on the topic of hitting your child, I am solidly against it. To me, in 99.9% of cases, it is simply a mark of a lazy or uncaring parent (or possibly just honestly ignorant, which is rare in this day and age.)

• That really isn't that big of deal. He is just seeking attention and is throwing a tantrum. He has likely has been rewarded for acting out in the past and is pushing every button he can to get his mother to pay attention to him.

Scolding him would be the first step. If he kept doing it then it would be a time out, and so on. If by slapping you mean in the face, then that is not an option for me. Maybe a spanking, but you don't hit a kid in the face just because they are getting on your nerves.

• If that was my child, I would not have let things get to that point before taking action.

• s2.quickmeme.com/.../...8a526a39a343a1e9eb0ecd.jpg
    Honestly I'd try to negotiate and reason with the him...
    If that didn't work I'd do what my parents did.

• No more chocolate, more broccoli less social interactions more bread less meat and cheese, more water, no soda, More French Fries less ketchup, More room in chicken nugget box less chicken nuggets in box, more school time, no rewards for getting an A+, and a high five is all he gets if he learns his lesson.

His brother/sister will also be treated a thousand times better if he has one.
    These restrictions will be done until his next birthday.

• I would yell at him. Yelling has always been pretty effective.

• If that was my child I would drive off to the woods, let him out, drive off and never come back

• I'd melt him down and build a new one.

• oh, he'd get his ass beat on the spot

• if i ever did that to my mum she would smack me like a freight train man : O

she is pretty old school that way : )

• I'd send the little shit to boarding school.

• I literally had the urge to bitch slap him

• I would want t. slap him by I would just spank him... But spank him really hard.

What Girls Said 2

• Bad parenting it seems.

• What happened to children getting punished and yes I mean spankings? I got my fair share only when I richly deserved it and I turned out just fine. I even spank my toddler of course not hard just enough to let her know then I tell her why she got into trouble enough to receive a spanking. I do not believe in physical punishments for every thing my example breaking away from me in a parking lot. Trying to help me cook by reaching up for the pots on the stove. Kids need to be loved and disciplined but there's a fine line of unnecessary spankings. Time out works with older kids. It's hard being a good parent.