Has anyone experienced sleeping paralysis?

Ok so parents are on vacation I was home alone last night (so I thought) and everything was normal.. long story short... I did cocaine Friday night... slept all Saturday in the daytime ,, now it was about 3 am Sunday.. befor I fell asleep I heard a voice in my head say.. "you'll never learn".. I thought nothing of it and fell asleep.. during my sleep I felt like something was pulling my leg/lifting it and movíng it around.. im sure because it's happend befor.. so I remember waking up to that, and seeing my TV still on.. and my leg being pulled but I didn't see anybody? I then remember struggling as if I was dieing or my soul was leaving my body.. I had a out of body experience and Remember seeing myself sleeping... I struggled to get up and turned off all the lights and went back to sleep... weird huhh? ;o

What Girls Said 2

• That is weird! Yeah I have it often actually, I don't think anything of it so much. Sometimes they're scary and I hate it when I can't move.

• This doesn't sound like sleep paralysis, I've gotten it hundreds of times. I think you just had a nightmare, maybe the drugs had something to do with it. When I get sleep paralysis my mind is awake but my body won't move, it takes a while to come out of it. I know some people get hallucinations with sleep paralysis, but it's happened so much to me that now I don't.

What Guys Said 1

• I've experienced sleep paralysis a couple of times in the past, though I'm not completely sure whether what you experienced can actually be considered proper sleep paralysis. Maybe it also had to do with the cocaine you were taking?
    Sleep paralysis happens because your brain wants to protect you from yourself. It shuts down all your muscles during your sleep (especially during the REM-phase) in order to avoid you acting out your dreams in real life. This part happens to everyone and always. However, some people sometimes wake up feeling paralyzed. The reason for this is that your brain is not communicating correctly with your body in that instant. While your brain is already woken up, it doesn't give the command to the body to let the muscles be "activated". This leads to you feeling imprisoned in your own body. You're completely awake, you can think clearly, you can see and hear and smell etc. but you can't move. The paralysis can last a few seconds but it can also last several minutes. Mine usually last around half a minute. It can be an extremely scary experience, especially for people who don't know what it is. Sleep paralysis happens frequently after nightmares, which makes it more scary (you want to get up and turn on the lights etc. but you can't move). One time I remember I had a nightmare about an intruder getting into the house. I woke up and heard some noises outside in the hallway (as it later turned out, it was just the cats going a little crazy). Still being freaked out from the nightmare, I wanted to jump up, turn on the light and run to the door. I was totally freaked out when I had to realize I couldn't move at all. I couldn't even move my hand or my fingers. Everything was stuck. It felt like being buried alive. It took me all my mental and physical strength to move just my little pinkie finger - and suddenly, I could move freely again.
    Some of the things that can cause sleep paralysis are: a lot of stress in your daily life, sleeping on your back and certain medications (and drugs!).
    Sleep paralysis can also be experienced while falling asleep but as far as I know, it is more likely to occur when waking up.

• Ya maybe but it's happened befor without cocaine.. n when it happend I wasn't "taking cocaine" but Kool thanks