Do you have a good memory?

Or a bad one?

I remember stuff that isn't really useful to me - like someone else's favorite color, or the first place they met someone important, or their favorite movie.

i even remembered my managers favorite sub from subway (meatball marinara with onions and jalapeños, toasted.) and I haven't had to get him subway in well over a year. He and I were both impressed.

But I can't remember important things, most of the time. Like when bills are due, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• My memory is like yours. I can remember the smallest details from even 15 years ago, but I don't have the issue you have with remembering important things like bills. I remember almost virtually everything.

But like you said, it never seems that useful unfortunately. Even when I bring up things with a friend that I remembered, they just kind of shrug it off like no big deal lol. I'm like dude, you can't even remember what I told you the night before. And that kind of bugs me, but I've learned to accept that most people don't care to remember things about you... or maybe they just aren't capable, but I am leaning more towards the former.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• My memory is piss-poor regarding things that matter the most, but I have a great memory when it comes to useless stuff! Just like you! :P

• I think I have a pretty good memory. I only remember main points and Im more visual. Like if you asked me about colors or the shape of an object or something visual then I could probably remember it. But if its like a quote from a movie or asked me to tell you the names of people then I might forget.

• I have an incredibly strong long term memory :D
    Never tell me something about yourself that I shouldn't remember in 15 years time, since that's what may happen!
    But oh god... my short term memory is a wreck :o I'm very easily distracted and forget all sorts of things I had to do :-(

• My memory depends on how much I actually care to remember, in general I never forget actual events or peoples faces but I might forget their name or the date in which an event occurred.

But when it comes to individuals it depends on the connection with them or how much I care about them or remembering stuff related to them.

• I am really good - My mind is like a filing cabinet - I am not up there around the guys with an eidetic memory but I would be in the top bracket of people with normal memories.

• I would say yes.

• I have a photo graphic memory, but my implicate vs explicate memory seem to collide sometimes. Though like yourself in a way, remembering to pay bills is something that I remember, but try to forget.

• I have a good short term memory, which was helpful in school, but my long term memory isn't as good. Unless I repeatedly/regularly apply knowledge then I might forget things in the long term.

Another thing is that my memory is kind of porous in the long term. Some random things will stick but some things won't stick no matter how many times it passes through my head.

• I've noticed sometimes I forget short term things.
    Like if I go into the other room to find out what a number is, then I go back into the other room, I forget the number after having it just in my head. And I usually have to go back and find it out again. Even if it's a short number
    But my long term memory is pretty good I guess

• If I write things down first then my memory is pretty good, otherwise my memory is so random lol

• Quite good but I don't always remember where I put my keys or my phone.

• There are twelve pairs of cranial nerves.
    Olfactory
    Optic
    Occulomotor
    Trochlear
    Trigeminal
    Facial
    Vestibular-cochlear
    Glosso pharyngeal
    Vagus
    Accessory
    Hypoglossal
    Now what did I have for breakfast yesterday?

• Yeah, I have a great memory. I remember almost all the things said or told by anyone who is important to me.

• same here... I remember the unimportant stuff which might interest me a bit more than what I actually need for university. I'm also really bad learning things by heart

• I have 8gb of ram and 1 terrabyte of hard drive space which is pretty good memory to me.

• Yeah I remember stuff from when I was 4 years old.

• I remember my first memory. i was a baby. my grandpa said go to sleep after i woke him up and he clapped his hands really loud and me and my brother went right to sleep.

• No, mine is terrible.

• Mine kind of sucks

• Yep
    I can remember birthdays :P

• Yes. A greart memory to be honest

• I like sub sandwiches too. What was the question?

• I have an eidetic memory - helps with college to no end.

• What was the question?

• hmmmm let me think. wait what was the question?

• I have a good one

• yeah i do, like a goldfish, nice boob by the way. D cup?

• C cup.

• damn i knew it. i should have said what i thought first.

• did i say nice boob? oh yeah i did. the goldfish memory you know... .

What Girls Said 12

• I have an extremely good memory. So good, it scares people. I have to refrain from pulling up some because some folks would find it almost stalkerish. Haha. I have such a vivid memory, I can tell you what I wear on the bus in 6th grade on Valentine's day--and who I sat next to. Stuff like that.. and plenty more.

• I collect trivia as far as what is said by whom and what's happening why very easily but I forget things like what's on my shopping list, coupons, what I'm doing room to room. It's rather silly XD

• My memory works like yours... kinda. I remember bills though, and random stupid shit but I always forget birthdays and holidays. Oh its your birthday... shiiiiiit. Dude I don't even know my own anniversary. I know we started dating in July. I'd have to get a calendar and really narrow it down but it might not be exact to the day. Hahah I hope he remembers. 😂

• Nope I forget about so many thing.

• I have a really good memory outside of school. I could tell you exactly what each one of my friends and I were wearing one year ago when we went to the mall, I can tell you what we ate, when where, how long I stayed and what I did when I went home.

An elephant never forgets
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0fe35e7292.jpg

• I have really good memory but sometimes i am not attentive, that's why i asked one person his name 3 times in two months, when i asked him his name 4th time and introduced myself he said he knew me xD I knew his face and i knew that he was my acquaintance but couldn't remember his name.
    I'm really bad at remembering names

• My long term memory is great. My short term, not so much. Like I'll think of something that I want to Google and by the time I get Google open I'll have forgotten.

• My memory is pretty good, but it'll give out on me at the worst times occasionally.

• I can't remember things unless I write them down.

• I'm told I'm great at remembering things. My memory started when I was about 4 and I remember most things I've been told or went through since then

• same that's me.

• ya I do 😊