Is something wrong with me if I never feel attracted to guys physically?

I don't think I have a type at all when it comes to looks, because I haven't been physically drawn to them ever. But I've also liked tons of guys because of their personalities. But I don't know if something is wrong with me if physically Im not super attracted to them. Like the physical appearance for me has always been whatever so when I do like a guy, I don't see them as ugly, but I'm not into their physical looks.

I think the problem for me is that I don't have a type at all when it comes to looks

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, there is something wrong with you. It could have multiple reasons. Maybe you kinda have "skipped" key parts of your sexual development, maybe you are closed up towards ormance in general, maybe you had some traumatic events, etc.

Psychology doesn't happen in a vacuum. It goes much rather like the physics law actio-reactio. The problem is that sometimes a cause of one thing can be just a symptom if you dig deeper and there can be interplays and all sorts of confusing combinations inbetween.

Most Helpful Girl

• Could be a few things really. I only started to become really physically attracted to guys when I was like 19 / 20. Even this past year I started noticing and appreciating things that I didn't used to before. Could be your age, your sexuality (gay, bi, a-sexual), haven't met the right guy, something emotional / mental, something medical. Girls also aren't typically as visual as guys are. I also know some girls who aren't really attracted to just anybody. That's part of the sexuality thing too... I know some people who go both ways and don't really judge based on gender or sex but just follow their gut with who they just feel some type of an attraction with. And yeah, maybe you don't really have a type. Your sexuality is your own and it's unique. That's ok.

What Guys Said 21

• I don't know if your trying to say your a lesbian and are attracted to women? or are you saying you like guys but when it comes to looks your like.. meh whatever?
    that is fine. Although I would suggest you don't tell your man that. While we know men are just not attractive, we all like to hope that our SO finds us attractive. So find out our SO doesn't think we are attractive is kind of a downer.

• i dont think so. seems okay.

• I have observed many females in public respond to their attraction to males and to myself...(occasionally 😃). And more and more lately... since around 2005 or so, I've observed a greater more prudish double standard effort by females to at least ACT LIKE and PLAY IT OFF like they are NOT EVEN VERY MINUTELY ATTRACTED to guys VISUALLY.
    That is either the MOST pathetic attempt - (not by you personally; but your gender as a whole) -to further LIE about your nature as females... or there is SERIOUSLY something wrong with your genders sex drive!!!

• Something wrong? NO! Lesbian? Oh yeah! ;) :p

• Maybe its because you are not physically attractive yourself, so you don't want to judge other people on their phycial attractiveness as it gives you self worth issues.

• How about girls? Hoy sexy girls?

• attraction for women is mental.

• Nothing is wrong with you. Perhaps you simply think with your heart more than with your eyes :)

• Um, guys are fucking nasty to look at so I don't really blame you there.

Just blow them with your eyes closed and all will be well.

• My girlfriend is the same way. She said she felt nothing until she met the right guy when she was younger, then she was super passionate and attracted to him. I hope you find that guy for you.

• No, it's normal. Women have always been weirdos

• Not at all. Some are just like that I guess

• you'll have people tell you your lesbian but there stupid
    and you sound like a basic women

• Are you attracted to women? Are you attracted to a male celebrity like brad pitt?

• No, I'm only into men. I think brad pitt looks nice but I'm still not physically into him

• You must be gay. It's supposed to kick in naturally.

• That's weird. I don't have a 'type' and see beautiful women everywhere.

• What if you are a demi sexual or asexual?

• Women are attracted to confidence and personality. You aren't as visual as some women.

• Nope, there isn't anything "wrong" with you. I and many others like personalities as well.

• I'm not really attracted to any girls either. There's girls I'm kind of attracted to but I'm rarely ever like truly attracted to them.

• It's normal since you said you are attracted to the personality you could be a demi sexual

• what's demi sexual?

• It means you only get attracted to someone after connecting emotionally

• lol, it's like we have terms for every single personality or 'problem' now

What Girls Said 25

• I'm like this too. I'm not into how guys look. I'm into what makes them THEM. Like yeah they can be pretty sometimes, but that's not what interests me. It's totally not a problem and you're not asexual. You just don't put a physical emphasis on things. No big deal.

• Um... that's peculiar but honestly that's okay. I do have to ask a quick question and this isn't to be a perv, this is just so I can answer fully: what about sexual attraction? Is that something you feel at all emotionally or physically or not at all?

• That's quite strange but everyone is different. Maybe you just haven't met the right guy. Have you never gotten butterflies or goosebumps over a guy before either?

• No matter what anyone tells you. There is nothing wrong with you.
    Could of just not of found your type yet.
    Could be asexual
    Could be hiding your attraction for girls
    There's a ton of reasons why, just remember no matter what the reason. It's normal. No ones the same you don't need to fit into a bubble. Just be your rockin self

• I am very similar, although with me, it's like I start to become more physically attracted due to their personality as well. Like, they start looking better to me. I usually either think that they are at least okay looking to begin with but don't really think about it, but once I get to know them I think "Hey, he's kind of cute too!" I'm also the kind of person who sees people with beautiful personalities as more beautiful and people with ugly personalities as uglier.

• Sounds like you are probably asexual (without sexual feelings or associations).
    LGBTAQ:Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, Allies; Androgynous; or Asexual, Questioning or Queer.
    The "A" can stand for andro, ally, or asexual and the "Q" can stand for questioning or queer.
    There boards online for asexuals to talk and someone on there could probably give you more info then I could. It's normal.

• No there is nothing wrong with you

• no, there is nothing wrong with you. I think you may be asexual but not aromantic. People can identify with that.

• I'm surprised so many guys commenting (not all) are reacting negatively.

• or think you're lesbian just because you don't feel sexual attraction towards guys

• That might be demisexuality... look it up some more, I can't be sure.

• No. Nothing is wrong with you! :)

• Just do what you feel like doing. No need to slap a label on it.

• Nope, I never felt any form of attraction and was pretty much asexual until I met my boyfriend at age 28 :) Suddenly I wanted sex with him and we have been living together since months now :)

• Sounds like you are demi sexual http://lonerwolf.com/are-you-demisexual/

• Maybe you;re lesbian?

• Probably picky with your preferences I suppose. There has to be one guy sooner or later that makes your heart stop. Its the best feeling 😂

• Well there's nothing wrong with being possibly asexual or gay.

• There's not something wrong about it. When you find your type of guy you will be attracted to him

• No, I'm exactly the same way.

• It just suggests that you are more into their personalities than looks. It's fine.

• You may be asexual or not in touch with your sexuality. And that's okay :)

• You may be asexual

• Maybe you're a lesbian or demi-sexual?

• omg same with me!!

• Not wrong, just different.

• I don't know if it is the same, but I don't feel physically attracted to a guy UNTIL I like his personality. Without knowing what the guy is like, I really don't care about guy's looks. But if a guy has a personality I find hot, I can find a pretty fat guy hot haha Does that make sense?