What Is The Ideal Age You Would Want Children?

I'm 25, and it seems that people don't really plan kids anymore :(.

My mom had her first kid at age 15 with one man
She had another kid at age 20 with another man
In her mid 20s, she met my dad, they got married and had me and my younger brother in their early to mid 30s.

My dad, however, always resented the fact that my mom had kids with other men and my half siblings never really saw eye to eye with my dad and vice versa (since they are adults now and out of the house, they get along great). My dad used to tell me the following as a kid:

-Go to school and get a college education
-Take care of yourself and focus on your career and financial situation
-Meet a woman who has NO KIDS and make sure she is right for you
-Spend a lot of time together and make sure you are right for one another
-After all those conditions are met, settle down and have kids.

This has been drilled into my head since childhood and I have lived by it. However, it is hard to find a woman in today's society because every woman I meet seems to haev 1-3 kids already with 1-3 baby daddies... all single moms.

This is why I ask this question - What is the ideal age you would want a child?

• Late Teens (17-19)
  • Early 20s (20-24)
  • Mid 20s (25-29)
  • Thirties
Also... in addition to what I said above... why would anyone want kids around the ages of 17-24? What about your career? Financial stability? Spending time with your partner and really getting to know them? Traveling? Having a little fun?

This is why people split up soon after the child is born... because y'all don't take the time to really get to know each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am almost 40, and I cannot imagine having babies or young children at my age. That would be exhausting. I was close to 24 when my first was born, and had already graduated from college. My husband was a bit older and already had a stable job. We owned a house. Now that they are teenagers, we are young enough to still enjoy lots of outdoor activities with them, and I love that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 27 now and I have been with my girlfriend for over 5 years. I think a good time for us to have our first child will be between 29-33. In Switzerland, most couples have their first child in their early 30s. Teenage pregnancies are almost non-existent. One reason for the relatively late pregnancy rate is that secondary education (especially university) takes longer than in other countries. For example I will probably be done with my Master's degree around the age of 30. I would like to be done with my master or at least almost done with it by the time our first child is born. Financially, I'm not so worried because our government helps young parents financially and there's also things like subsidized daycare and if you're still a university student, daycare for your children is free.

• Wow... it seems like your country is really good! And, 29-33 is a pretty good age.

What Girls Said 13

• I'm not having kids until I'm out of college, have a job in my field, and I'm married. So probably late 20's-early 30's.

• Late 20s to early 30s.
    I'm 24, I've been with my boyfriend for more than two years and I know that we will probably think seriously about kids in two or three years. My parents had my brother and I quite late so I was never too concerned about the age.

• I encourge marriage between 18-22!! There's a lot of single girls. I regret that I didn't marry at 18 when I had the chances. So I expect mid 20s. At ur place try to fall in love in ur Teen age to guarantee that you are the girl is first. In Saudi after 27 it's hard to find single husband I have to hurry lol.

• I mean late Teen-Early 20s... u graduate from collage at 22

• I hope my future kids Marry at 18-20 so I be attractive grandma at 47 haha 😎

• Lol not sure if I'll ever have kids, but if I do I'll probably be like 40. Not really sure I want that kind of responsibility, and I'm way too immature to have any anytime soon lol

• Where's the never optiom? I'd be an unfit mother. I'm selfish and irresponsible and dramatic.

• RIGHT NOW!!!

• Ha... you're 28... so it works XD!

• If I get married around 20-21, then the ideal age for kids would be 25.

It depends on when I get married. I want to have a few years without kids (with the husband) to get to know him and feel comfortable and understand him.

• I don't want kids I find little kids to be annoying and scream and yell and are loud and I don't like babies cause there loud and cry to much

• 28-32

• For me its after I finished my masters degree and got a house. . So earliest 25 and no older than 30

• 20-25 I think.

It's funny most guys I meet already have kids or are married.

So I quit dating period...

• i think 27-28 is a good age!

• Where's the option for never? I never want kids. I want a long term relationship with a guy who also doesn't want kids, but does like cats :3

What Guys Said 8

• I think around the time I turn 30 would be optimal. At that age, I will almost certainly live to see grandkids, if applicable, but I would still be financially able to support a child well.

I would only want one kid, because I want to make damn sure that kid is raised well, and that I don't cut a single fucking corner.

• At the age of 60 I want my kids to be at least 20 years old, no less. So I will not get kids beyond the age of 40. I have also heard that your sperm's DNA quality increases the older you are so I'd say in the period between the ages of 30-40.

• It all a matter of choice and planning with your spouse

• Fuck kids, people underestimate the responsibility.

• They definetly do, me for example yeah my parents raised me but in a bad environment I'm moving out of my moms in 6 months however I have to get therapy before I even get into a serious relationship. I'm scared I'll be abusive or bad to my SO I refuse to be anything like them.

• Thirties and fourties.

• After i get a job , i will get into the dating world but i dont think that i want children.

• Kids aren't for me. I wouldn't make a good dad

• I don't want to have kids