Why do people assume that if you're goodlooking you're a catfish?

Only ugly people can use this site?

Most Helpful Guy

• this site is full of beautiful girls which are confirmed to be real.

there are other things that make people think it... like if you can find the pic somewhere else on the internet, if it's a new account and all it does is posting sexy pics in "how do I look topic" or answering sexual topics (with typical male answers or stuff males wanna hear), if it's a professional shot picture or one you can find typically on those instafamous girls, etc.

I'm one of the people who will say it if I think it's a catfish... but I've also been wrong so I try to be more careful. If you want you can send me a message and I'll tell you why or why not I would think you are one.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly in my experience the only people who have tried to claim I was a catfish did so to essentially bullying me into giving them more information about myself, like my social media or Skype.

However the reason I think people assume you're a catfish is because there is the general consensus that anybody attractive can't be interested in certain things, like G@G, or games, or engineering, etc.

What Guys Said 13

• If you have a professional shot as your profile picture, experience shows that 99.99% of the time you're a catfish.

Hey guys, thats me!
    www.malemodelscene.net/.../...e-Model-Scene-02.jpg
    What? Beautiful people aren't allowed on G@G?

• Because there's few attractive people here, and because most of the time the hottest ones tend to be catfish xD

• Perhaps it's easier to deny, than to accept
    either way, it's not like this is a beauty contest..

but let's be honest, if it were, I wouldn't give any of you any ground to stand on. ^.~

• Anybody calling us catfish are all jellyfish. Bros be hatin on our swag.

• because quite often, the attractive people (usually girls) are actually catfishes on here. It's quite easy to verify this through reverse image searching. Many types of people use this site, but girls have a natural addiction to attention, and some choose to seek out that attention via using attractive profile pictures that aren't theirs

• If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

People have been burned too many times. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

• i have no idea why. everyone should feel free to post and comment freely on topics of there choice. if you feel this way, try hiding your picture. and let people judge you on what you write not on your looks

• No one has ever thought that I was a catfish.
    Should I be offended.
    Although one girl did think my voice was too deep to be a fifteen year old a couple years back.
    It's not even that deep now lol

• And what's a catfish? I'm too lazy to Google it...

• One time this guy thought my mom ws one..
    because she is 45 and looks around 33.. she has a baby face
    the guy made her send a series of pictures like tougching her nose etc

• Im not ugly neither are some of the other users.

• ugly or not id still fuck

• Assuming is wrong.

Suspicion is natural. There have been many catfish on this site. Most are busted fast, but sometimes very active users hvae been busted years in.

What Girls Said 8

• It's not that only ugly people can use this site. There are plenty of good-looking users. However, many of the people that turn out to be catfish use really obvious photos of gorgeous men or women. The photos typically look too professional for what you would use for a site like this.

• Yeah, it's kinda weird

• Yeah apparently hahaha

• Because what business would an attractive person have using this website? I mean, that's what most people assume

• aham.. well I ain t no catshish but I sure am good looking ;) ;)

• I have that problem too, it's pretty annoying honestly

• You cracked the secret code of GAG.

• I don't get it either. There are some catfish accounts, and some that aren't so automatically judging that they must be is silly. Just don't give out personal info and use the site wisely.