Do you think you are smarter than most people?

I feel like im really really lucky to be in graduate school becuase I really dont think im very smart. Im good at opening a book and studying certain topics to get an A on a test, but if you wanted to have a intelligent philosophical conversation with me, you might as well be talking to a toaster because i dont have a clue what you are saying.

• Yes, I feel like im smarter than most people
    25% (6)66% (21)48% (27)Vote
  • Not at all
    38% (9)12% (4)23% (13)Vote
  • Depends
    37% (9)22% (7)29% (16)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
11|18

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the type of intelligence. I think I'm pretty "life-smart", but when it comes to academics, I'm terrible at it, despite scoring extremely high on standardized tests growing up. I'm definitely street smart. If we're talking intellectual discussions, it depends on the topic and my level of interest. I think I'm able to articulate myself well when I know what I'm talking about, but certain topics, once you get to a certain depth level, it feels like a logjam just occured in my brain, and I can't get out of the conversation quickly enough, haha. At the risk of sounding like a complete moron, thinking makes my head hurt. I'm not sure if I might just be weird, maybe someone will understand, but when I REALLY have to concentrate (in a physical sense, imagine trying to thread a needle or a fishing hook), I get almost a nauseous feeling. The same thing happens when I try to concentrate on something academic. Just not built for it. Fortunately, the bar for intelligence seems pretty low, so I definitely feel like I'm on the better side of average in most arenas. But maybe I'm just at Walmart too much for work and it's skewed my view of what the average person is😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Neah, I'm not a special snowflake and I'm also young. Even though I would be considered smarter than most of my age (hypotetically), I still would be dumber than someone who has lived more and had more time to learn and practice.
    However, I'm told that I'm mature, I don't know how "smart" this is, but it's better than nothing. 💁😂

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 17

• No, I wouldn't say that.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm smarter then most in what I am taught, self taught and trained how to do yes, but in the areas they are trained or taught in they are superior to me knowledge wise.

0|0
    0|0
  • no i dont. i know my limitation and my weaknesses example is math and spelling because im dyslexic. but i excel at other things.

0|0
    0|0
  • smarter than the average around the world? yes.
    smarter than most of my friends and other people of my age/country/eduction level... no... even though it depends on what we are talking about. with some stuff I'm good... others I suck hard

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh I don't know, I don't really think about that. Oh I know how to use a Gas Chromatograph, good for me!! 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that the collective public as a whole may be smarter than me. But I think that no individual person is smarter than I am.

I hope this makes sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm actually pretty thick. I'm just well spoken and I do my work quickly, so people think I'm smart.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, dumb as dogshit

0|1
    0|0
  • American educational system...

0|0
    0|0
  • Smarter as in logically , I believe so.

0|0
    0|0
  • i think im good at what i know.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on subject :o

0|0
    0|0
  • no, since intelligence is moot.

i know people with PhDs who are academically smarter than I am, but i have more life smarts as well as potential academic smarts since i'm on the doctorate path too.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I usually feel like I'm the smartest person in the room

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • nope but I do know things in a certain field, that someone else might not know

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, most real (non online) measures have put me top percentile easily. Maybe they're way off, but not so far off that i'd fall below the median. So I'm smarter than 'most people'. I'm not smarter than everyone. And being smart doesn't mean i know everything. There are plenty of topics i know -nothing- about.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• No I think I am stupid! But I haven't open a textbook in 2 years so!

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, on certain subjects, I'm not too bad. I don't think I'm that much smarter than most people, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • no way.. I really don't.. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I know I'm smart, but I'm a bad student.
    I retain almost anything I choose to, and I'm good at having information on tab.

But, I have to reaaaallly motivate myself to try. Haha

0|0
    0|0
  • I am good enough
    I am fairly good in everything but rarely brilliant in one thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm smarter than a fifth grader

That's about it lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I meant to pick "Not at all", but no. I don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on who I'm comparing with

0|0
    0|0
  • Defiantly not. I'm currently failing chemistry and not doing well in many of my classes

0|0
    0|0
  • Feeling bad that I voted yes...

0|0
    0|0