Is it possible to be very attractive, but the person them self thinks otherwise?

Like there are some girls i know who are extremely cute and i have no clue what posesses them to think they aren't good looking. Does any other Girl or guy think this way?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And sometimes what we find attractive we don't see in ourselves.

What Girls Said 8

• "People" mention that they admire my looks. There is a big reason i just personally don't see it. Sometimes it makes me mad when i hear it because ill either feel like the guy is sweet talking or just being plain annoying. But my mom and i went out somewhere and she just kept staring at me then told me : "Now i know why people stare at you because you're a pretty girl so don't settle for less."

Compliments tend to not mean much and its just a "thank you". So inner insecurities plays the big roll because if you don't feel that way within then no matter how many times someone tells you something good thats not going to change the fact you think otherwise of yourself.

I always think to myself that i wish i can see myself in someone else's eyes.

• I couldn't agree more I feel exactly the same way and I am in the same situation.

• Heck yeah, there are a lot of problems with the media and social conditioning that can lead a lot of people to think like that. I've met some really hot people who honest to goodness didn't believe they could make a 2.

• I'd assume these girls are fishing for compliments. A girl who is really attractive knows she's attractive. #Sexy&IKnowIt

• Yes i think so. When I was younger I was very good looking but I thought I was ugly cause my mother always told me I was ugly.

• Your mom did :o

• She was jealous of me cause I looked better then her when she was my age.

• Everyone opinion of attractive is different

• Yea its possible, lots of people are that way.
    Maybe what they think is beautiful is not what u think is

• Yes, it is possible.

• yes

filler

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah it tends to be linked to low self-esteem and it's a lot more common than people realize.

• No one is immune from low self-esteem. Sometimes you are your own worst enemy. Your harder on yourself than anyone could ever be.

• I think a lot of people have this or have had this including myself.

• Like you get all of these people thinking you are cute but when you look in the mirror yourself you dont see what they do.

• Yeah I thought I wasn't that attractive but then realised later that heaps of girls liked me.

• Ya its possible but when you think you are not attractive most of the times you are not.