Do you drive a manual transmission (stick shift)?

I switched to a manual car a couple months ago and love it. In my Camaro I have a T56 6-speed with a Monster Stage 2 Kevlar clutch and a Pro 5.0 short shifter. It's a blast to drive.

So do you drive a manual?

• I'm an American and I drive a manual.
  • I'm not an American and I drive a manual.
  • I'm an American and I don't drive a manual.
  • I'm not an American and I don't drive a manual.
  • I CAN drive a manual, but my current car isn't one.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Standard transmission is the only way.

They don't make automatic Miatas anyway. :P

What Girls Said 8

• I learn how to drive manually, but currently do not drive one.

• No I don't but I used to have a few cars that were standard. I also learned to drive on a standard, I love it but it's not very practical for me.

• No, but I'd like to learn. The problem is, I like to have a full 3 course meal while I eat, and I like to change the radio, flip people off or roll my window and shake my fist at bad drivers, so I know this wouldn't work for me. Also, I drive with my leg sticking out the window, and I know you need your other foot for the clutch, so stick shift is not for me lol

• lol. You with your leg out the window, eating a 3 course meal, flipping people off, and you see other drivers as bad. :-)

• Yeah, those fuckers who go the speed limit... who the hell taught them to drive. lmao

• @Red_Arrow my sister taught me to drive.

• Eh, I was given lessons by a friend how to drive a stick, but I'm not too awesome at it. I was scared I would mess his truck up, so after thirty minutes, I hopped out and let him take back over. Haha.

• I don't have a car but I did drive a stick car. Since my dad wants me to have his car.

• I still kinda freak out when I have to change gear. I am kinda forgetful!

• You need to remember it isn't your fault. If it mattered that much to them they would help you. They are complaining for complaining sake

• @Hidden_P ): Yeah but its my parents! And they don't understand! ): I wish they understand!

• Only 6 speeds piece of cake. lol hahahaaha

• I learned how to drive a manual back in my home country but I drive an automatic in America. I've been thinking of getting a stick car when it comes time to change my car.

• I'm from Canada and I drive a automatic 😝

What Guys Said 18

• DooMguy doesn't need a car because DooMguy walks. 3 miles. . . 4 miles. . . 8 miles. .. . it doesn't matter to DooMguy, DooMguy will walk and save money

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...02zJfR1sxcftfo1_400.gif

But if I did get a car it'd be a stick, since the second hand market is where I'd be going

• I would never drive a manual again if I had my druthers. One thing I want driving to be: easy. I don't even want to have to think about it. One hand and one foot, I don't want to be using any more than that, and I CERTAINLY don't want to have to think about what gear I'm in. Push on the pedal and go faster, keep it simple.

Granted, I learned to drive on an automatic, so I'm not "used to" manual as much. I always hear about how if I drove one consistently it'd become second nature, and I believe it, but I still want to always have one free hand. My girlfriend has a manual, and on the occasions I use it, I stall all the time because I can't remember to shift up or, more importantly, down. I pull up to stop lights in 5th gear routinely, and then I'm "that guy" that fucks up and holds the line up and makes people miss the light.

I've never understood the supposed benefits of a manual. Is it a speed thing? Because I drive like a grandmother, driving fast gives me zero thrill and I actually think fast and/or competitive drivers are the most dangerous people in our society, so going 80+ has no appeal to me. Catch me in the right lane with the cruise control on 65 exactly. I also hate cops with the fire of a thousand suns, so I'm never trying to do anything that would result in any kind of interaction with them. I won't even go into a donut shop if a cop is in there, haha, I absolutely hate them. Plus, if you're not on the highway and are in stop and go traffic, as I often am, manual makes me want to shoot myself in the face😵🔫 I drive all day long for work, and I'm on the highway a lot, but I'm also driving in cities and in rush hour traffic. I'm miserable any time I've had my car in the shop and taken my girl's car. I'd like manual better if there was some way they could make it where you don't have to operate a stick shift and a clutch, and instead you just push the gas pedal for increasing speed, and let off it or hit the brakes to decrease speed... oh wait, they did that, it's called "automatic."😂

• Learned on a stick and spent a long time driving one, but that was a long time ago. For city driving to and from work and shopping, which is most of my driving, an automatic is much less stress. For long trips, the stick is pleasant.

• cars auto

bikes manual

• Bikes actually have superior manuals, since bike transmissions are sequential manuals. Quick shifts and using the clutch is technically only necessary to get going.

• yup. whenever i rev high, don't even have to rev high, but when I rev high i never pull in the clutch. just roll off the throttle, upshift, roll back on. smooth as a clean girl's ass, and quick as a black pepper snake.

• i love a manual trans car but the car i have isn't one. the price was so good i couldn't pass it up. between all the discounts the car had a sticker price of 21.000 but i left the deal ship with a final prices around 13000. thats the only reason i have an automatic

• Yep, every car I have had has been a manual with the exception of one. On my fourth mustang right now. Finally got a Cobra.

• my last car was a manual transmission. however now i drive an automatic. i prefer manuals but they don't make my car with a stick shift

• I can drive a manual, but my current car isn't one. Whatever car I buy next will be a manual though.

• Currently I have an automatic. They don't make a stick for my car.
    A stick is THE BEST in a sports car. Those who claim a paddle shifter is fun probably can't drive stick.
    FYI I read stick shift cars a less likely to be stolen.

• In the US for sure. Especially a car that has a difficult clutch like mine. Since only like 10% of the population drives a manual, it's unlikely the thief knows how to drive one.

• I know how to drive manual but I dont

• My first couple of cars were manuals... but you know... I'm just too damn lazy and I just don't care anymore.

• I think that's what most of the >40 crowd says, my dad and mom don't want to bother with them anymore since they're so old.

• I'm not a car guy. I drive to work and drive home. I drive to the grocery store and hardware store. I drive a POS 14yr old beater now. It gets me to work.

If I have to deal with a stick that means I have to put down my coffee all the time. It's just annoying.

• My back can't handle driving a manual transmission car anymore. It causes low back pain when depressing the clutch. I own a 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor and a 1996 Ford Ranger.

• I can drive a manual but only own and drive automatic transmission as I think they're better in my opinion as gears get in the way.

I very rarely drive manuals only if I have to.

• I'm a semi-truck driver, and i have over 500,000 miles experience with a manual (8, 10, and 13 speed), but my personal vehicle is an automatic

• Holy shift (get it? Hehe), I've seen those videos of 13 speed driving and I wouldn't like to be doing that haha, sooooo many upshifts needed and can you imagine having to drive in traffic that constantly speeds up and down?

• O_o... o_O... Yes... I can imagine...

• I know how, but I haven't driven manual in a long time.

• My previous truck was a manual. My jeep is not.

• current car is auto. i can drive both, and a motorbike

• I drive an automatic.