How hard was it for you to get a first job?

What was your first job and how long did it take you to get it.

Most Helpful Girl

• My first job was at an egg farm. I called on a Monday, got an interview on Tuesday, and was told to show up on Saturday.

Then I worked at a greenhouse and that job was about as easy to get as the egg farm.

Then I worked at Burger King and that was slightly harder. Actually had to interview for that. And it took about 3 weeks to hear from them.

My first big kid job that I'm at now took me... not very long. I called them in December 2014 and asked if they had summer internships. That was on a Wednesday. On Friday they called back, said I got the internship (despite having never seen me before) and that there would be a job waiting for me at the end if I did well. I was told to show up on May 28. So I did. (They called back a few days later and said that HR had a cow so I had to go in and actually fill out paperwork and stuff lol) Then I extended my internship through December 2015 and one day while I was working, they called me and were like, "So... interested in a job as an officer?" and I said yeah and they said awesome and to show up on January 6 for orientation. So I did. And here I am.

What Girls Said 3

• oh my lord it took me forever -.- i applied to what must have been at least 300 jobs. finally got it at an accessory store that paid real nice.

• It took over a year and a ton of applications. I ended up working at a fast food restaurant as a cashier (I hated it)

• What was so bad about it.

• The people, I didn't like two people I worked with a lot (the girl was MEAN) and some customers were honestly so irritating

• First actual job (not like baby sitting, puppy training etc) was working with a ships carpenter. I wasn't looking for work at the time, he just needed help and i accepted the offer...

What Guys Said 1

• Nope it was incredibly easy actually.