How many tries did it take for you to pass your road test?

I just took my road test for the second time today and failed at the LAST SECOND.
Literally.
The examiner even said I am an "amazing driver", everything went absolutely great. I made no mistakes. But when it was time to do the last task (reverse stall parking) in the road test centre's parking lot... I hit a curb while backing up.
AND FAILED.

I understand it, I really do. But it's hurt my self-esteem/confidence SO much that I do not want to take the damn test ever again. So much money wasted too! Lol ;( anyone else felt this way before?

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in Toronto and the drive tests were hard. You need to pass the road test twice. The 1st one is relatively easy with some parallel parking but mostly easy. The 2nd one is much harder because you have to wait a year to take it. They make sure you haven't picked up any habits during the year and they tested more extensively.

I passed them both on 1st attempt with minimal driving practice (I don't drive). The key is to accept certain flaws and practice to make sure you aren't making any critical errors.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• None. I just walked in there with my swag, handed them my permit and they said sh it man... This guy has such swag, it'd be rude to make him test like all the other swagaboos. So they just done gave me my license no test req biyattchhh.
    #swag #alpha

• I passed it on the first try. Just practice the reverse stall parking in an empty parking lot or something till you get the hang of it.

• None, it was easy for me because I had practiced a lot before. I'm aware that some people who really know how to drive get nervous and fail, I've seen this happening a lot of times.

• One for class B and once for my commercial liscense

• Once the first time twice the second.

• I passed my second time.
    The first time there was another instructor in the car who was supposed to be assessing the driving instructor Buuuut I panicked a bit and didn't stop at a red light, like 5 minutes of driving.
    Second time was easy as cooking 2 minute noodles.

Oh, first time I was doing the VORT test and second time I did the CBT test. Just a South Australian thing

• none. i almost failed because of the damn parallel parking, but i got it. the thing is, i haven't really used it besides the road test.

• i think its harder now to get your lic than when i did. dont feel bad about it you will get it next time.

• Only once, surprisingly. But unlike you, I did horribly. I sped, almost backed into a car, screwed up at an intersection etc. Yet for some reason the DMV guy still passed me. I think it was because he did not want to have to deal with me again.

• I passed both my written and my road tests on the first try.

• I passed the road test on my first go, but it took me two tries to pass the written test for the permit beforehand.

• I passed it the first time, and when i reversed parked I hit the curb slightly. He didn't care lol he passed me. That guy was awesome

• Once.

• If you feel bad because of that is because you haven't realized how bad people is doing without telling you, and still getting things done.

• i got my license when i was 18... didn't need to do the behind the wheel test.

just the written.

• a lot of people screw up when they have to parallel park... so much so they removed it from the california dmv driving test.

• just practice.. . a lot.. it's the only way.

(sorry for the stream of comments)

• First try

• 1...

• First try but I thought I was going to fail 100%. The lady was a COMPLETE condescending bitch, she was like on PMS or something. Even with that said, I passed it somehow, she gave me the impression that I was going to fail. Passed with like 87% or something

• One time.

What Girls Said 11

• LOL! im so sorry but u poor thing =/

girl, take it again. i failed my first time too over a minor mistake. it's okay, this is how we learn. go for it, and yes it is a waste of money -.- but u will pass next time, i can almost guarantee it.

• Took 2 tries.

First time I failed because I entered the turn lane before the yellow line went away lol

• It took me two tried to get it right.

• Aww, just practice that last task a bit more! The examiner already said you did everything else well. :) Thankfully, it only took one try for me. I waited a bit longer than needed and practiced a bit more myself.

• First time but I'd go for it again if I was you! My friend took 6 attempts and every time they told her they wanted to pass her but she'd made mistakes that they had to fail her for even though her 'all round' driving was okay. Just do it again, you'll get there, driving is awesome!

• Only took me once.

• Failed twice the first time wasn't my fault he failed me Coz my tired tread was a tad bald. The second time my fault. Passed third go.

• Got it on the first try.

• I got my license on the first try.

• 2 times...

• I took it once and passed! You'll do better the next time! Don't be upset 😊