Do you ever feel like "checking out" of life?

• yes
  • no
P. S. i didn't really mean this in a suicidal way, hah. I just meant taking a break... going off the grid and just checking out of the routine of life. That sort of thing

Most Helpful Girl

• If you ever see me go into my room with a bottle of wine, headphones, and a slice of pizza that is exactly what I am doing for the next 8-10 hours.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it seems kinda pointless sometimes. I always thought this to a certain extent but I was never great at articulating why exactly I felt this way. A few months ago I had a conversation with someone and he phrased it perfectly in my opinion...

"Living is probably the worst thing you have to endure because you have to acquire possessions and maintain a status quo all while fighting to survive by marketing skills and whoring yourself out to companies or individuals to get paid so that you can establish yourself among others of your species. What a terrible game. And all while facing the reality that all of your hard work is meaningless and whether you die of hunger at the age of seven or die of Alzheimer's at the age of seventy-seven you lose it all anyway".

• quite an interesting perspective

What Girls Said 13

• Fascinating... that half of us read this as "pressing the pause button"... and the other half just read it in the most extreme way imaginable. Bimodal distribution wat?

Wow.

Did anyone read it both ways? O_O

• interesting indeed. Guess it confirms that we all have our own ways of dealing with problems in life when they become too difficult!

• Feeling like that currently!

• that makes two of us

• thanks :) i wouldn't burden ya with all that though. its a bit much, but i appreciate the offer

• I don't mind, but I understand. I'm the same way. You're welcome, though, and the offer still stands if ever you need it.

• I had suicidal periods in my life but I got over them through my religious faith and you can do that as well.

• Every damn day man.

• I am not doing anything thou~Stop check me out!

• Yes sir. Life is hard. And sometimes I just feel like throwing in the towel. But I can't. I wasn't born to quit. And neither were you.

• I think everyone's come to that stage at one point.

• No, I face everyday head on. When I want an escape that's just what I do that day. When I'm stressed, I get a massage. When I'm pissed, I run.. Life truly is what you make it. I'm being sincere I hope you interpreted this that way. Lol

• every freaking day, like go off to a forest and build myself a small house out of branches and stay there.

• less often now

• Not really, I often feel like checking out of my job, but not my life. I like my life

• yes of course :)

• I feel like that more often than not

What Guys Said 16

• Sometimes, i get the urge to run and flee like a mad beast before a raging tor****. But it matters not how hard or fast i run, it matters not with what haste and to what place i flee, it matters not to what tutelary gods i plea, fore the physical present continues with or with out you, but the mental present will always continue in your head, it will always sit upon your back as a weight pack upon the weary travelers shoulders.
    The fact of the world is that, whether or not you break your watch, quit your job, or look for relief at the bottom of bottle of a pipe, life will continue with or without you. And time, that you try to stop, slow, or prevent, will continue to tick away; it does not give in to the whims and despair of the lone renunciate.
    Feel free to try and stop time, but i warn that such efforts, such vacations from reality, are not real and only squander further potential and limited time.

• It happens to a lot of people, including myself in the past. Just focus on your end goals and take more time out to enjoy yourself... hope you feel better bud!

• If you were anonymous GAG might of took this down for being a suicidal post xD
    I do every so often. I just wanna kick back on the sidelines while the world goes on and checking back whenever I please. I want a world view while i'm out, like to witness the good and bad globally before getting back to my little life

• im not advocating suicide! hah

• I used to but after what happened I have never let myself think that way again, it's not healthy to think that way and it does no good.

• There was a time when I really wanted to. Now I couldn't imagine doing it.

• That's exactly what I'm trying to do within the next 3 years. Buy some prime land in Onterrible, build myself a log house, and homestead for the rest of my life, only buying things I can't produce myself.

• that is beastly

• Yeah man, proper excited about it too. All I'll have to worry about is crops, hunting deer/elk, chopping wood, and working enough hours to pay for land taxes and other expenses. Hell, I could probably just fight club it in my kitchen and sell soap to pay for all of that.

• Naw man

• Yeah every now and then I hit a low point, but I always bring myself back up 😊

• Meaning? like going on adventures or something?

• I feel like checking out of parts of it all the time.
    Getting too much stress from this?
    I'll just stop talking to her.
    Wasting too much time on something?
    Just stop doing it.
    But it doesn't work because I keep talking to her and I keep doing dumb crap and a bunch of other stuff.

• You mean like stuff everything into a backpack, jump on your motorcycle and disappear over the horizon for a life of adventure, freedom, and nailing skinny small-town women up against the wall behind a roadhouse?

• Not really, but that's what I do whenever I'm reading comic books or science fiction, or when I watch series in marathons, movie marathons, listening music, drawing, or just about any other "lone" activity. There are times when I want to space out from my deeds and reality in general, and it helps jumping in and out of it. Maybe you should create a balance from your hobbies, studies, job, workouts, etc. To never feel stale and therefore just not thinking about that.

• I do, but I refuse to. Simply out of spite towards anyone/anything that makes me think so.

• I'm against suicide. So no.
    I have thought about taking a vacation but that's pretty much it.

• Not anymore :)

• Money is the most important thing in life.