What is Faith (Your definition)?

I'm curious to get everyone's input on this. How do you define faith?
This is especially aimed toward Christians, and I ask along with your definition, how does one "walk by faith?" How can someone apply that in their everyday life during trials and difficulties?
Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Faith is putting your trust in something, in this case God, and believing that he will take care of our everyday struggles in life. To walk by faith would be to live ones life knowing that God has your back and that one should not worry about the daily hardships in life. It is not easy, but that is what it is.

• Well said. I wonder If I could ask, if you were to give advice to a friend struggling with faith, for instance, someone who is dealing with deep fears, what would you say? I have a friend in this position, and I'm trying to organize all my thoughts on the matter before I reply to them.

• Hopefully I'll be able to explain all this to him XD Thanks for the help

• Yeah it's not really something you can convince somebody of: to have faith its more of a choice you make yourself but np :D

What Guys Said 6

• I am a "Christian", i believe.
    To me, faith is putting your aims in line with a god or other deity/ object/ theory and believing that you what ever this god/ object/ deity/ theory is will provide you with something or will explain something for you. It matters not whether you believe that a god created our world or if you believe that two staples collided and their fragments now make up our surroundings. Belief is a thought that a certain explanation of something is the correct one. You can have a belief in Jainism; you can have a belief in the Big Bang; you can have a belief in anything.

For me, as a Christian, i believe that i must put my entire heart, sole - every fiber of my being - towards the fulfillment of the laws and commandments that my God, the God of Israel, put before me. Of course, my ideas on Christianity and Gods words spoken to use through the Bible differ greatly from those of the "main-stream" teachings. For instance, i believe that the Bible does not condone the stoning of homosexuals worldwide and for no reason other than their homosexuality. However, i also believe that things such as eating shrimp and transgressing upon others make you unclean and sinful, respectively. I also believe that the teachings and that a vision of God should be created prior to anyones engagement in church and that those who practice things for practice's sake may be in need of guidance. However, i do not claim myself to be free of sin, for certainly my search history proves me not to be, for one (that was just a little joke). Yet i digress, i believe that if one puts their entire will towards God, then they shall be delivered in to an eternal life an righteousness. As to what degree attempts at devoting ones entirety to God are judges, i can not say for my reading of the God's word has not yet revealed to me such things.
    If you want to know more about my beliefs, feel free to ask.

• I am not Christian but am quite spiritual. I define faith, as the belief in the unknowable. You walk in faith by acting according to your beliefs, rather then what others tell you is right or wrong.

• Faith is belief that has no foundation, there are no premises from which the conclusion has been drawn.

• Faith is a way of believing something without reasoning and evidence.

• Yes and no. I believe your definition is somewhat valid but also lacks. I would politely remind you that to those who participate in a certain belief, reason and evidence of that belief is almost always present.
      We must remember that we can not assume the roles of different beliefs; we must judge them based on the actions of their majority and on the statements of the followers of such a belief.

• A girls name

• Believing in something you can't see

What Girls Said 1

• As a belief in something...