WWE. Real or fake?

Some people really loove WWE, and some can't stand it cause it looks fake.
I am not giving my opinion. I want other's opinions. Fake or nah?

• I think it's Fake and scripted
  • I think its Real and a good sport
Guys half the things you're posting, I already know, I justed wanted to see how many people believed it was real because I know two people who would rather gouge their eyes out than admit that it's scripted.

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it is fake. It's all scripted and choreographed. I went a few months ago with my nephew and his school friends, and it was so obvious it was all staged for entertainment purposes. Although, the stunts they perform are dangerous if not performed correctly. They have to have expert timing when Wrestling , because if they didn't... it could lead to serious injury

What Guys Said 26

• If it's any kind of pro wrestling, it's fake as a $3 bill. My old semipro football teammate Sean went on to do some wrestling, it's all an act. He's like the nicest guy in the world and he listens to fucking country music, he's soft as baby food off the football field. Now he's in some off-brand wrestling league😂😂😂😂

• See the YouTube link to an excellent documentary about the "Secrets" of pro wrestling - Totally fake but that said the wrestlers are at the height of their craft and should be admired - Plus it is very dangerous nearly every professional wrestler has broken their neck at least once and the margins between a broken neck and a "safe trick" are minimal performed 10 times a bout, 300 nights a year.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znhP2tsrx-s

• 1|1
  • It's fake as in the winner is decided before the match but the stunts are real.
    It used to be only the winner was known and the wrestlers themselves made up all the moves. Now even all the moves are mapped out and even sometimes rehearsed.
    For example back in the day when "Hulk" Hogan or "Macho Man" Savage had a match, they just felt what the crowd was responding to and went with that.
    However now in a match with the likes of "Seth" Rollins or "John" Cena, they pretty much know everything which will happen in the ring before it does.

There used to also be matches which were called "shoot" matches where the wrestlers themselves didn't know the winner and would try to one up one another through out the match but at the same time remain "kayfabe". The referee would know the winner and tell them at the appropriate time. Sometimes the loser wouldn't agree and would be on purpose disqualified or counted out. A clean loss could damage a wrestler's reputation.

• It might not be real in the sense that it's not a real fight but it's that some people seem to use that as a stick to beat anyone with an interest in it with.

Don't be the arsehole telling everyone that a fight scene in a movie is fake. .. just let people enjoy it. It's entertainment

• 0|2
  • I am sure its fake.

• Everyone knows it's fake
    Well almost everyone

• We know it's fake lmao some of us we crushed too..
    Didn't believe in Santa Claus but I sure did think those chair shot was real

• WWE is staged... because sports books don't have lines on the matches!

• of course fake and scripted, and that's one of the main reasons I have no interest at all watching it

• It can be fake and still good. Liam Neeson action movies are fake, but I love those.

• Some of the injuries that happened unexpectedly are real, but wrestling itself is fake and scripted

• It's the fakiest bunch of fake that ever faked.

• its mostly a scripted drama with action

the outcomes may be predetermined, but the action and pain are very real!

Guys and Gals flying through the air doing complex moves and not killing themselves thats some hardcore athleticism!

• fake as hell

• Fake for sure but I wish it was legitimate. What ways do you think it could be legitimized?

• Fake I saw it in real life it's completely fake

• It's a live movie where the actors do their own stunts

• It's a show lol it's real people portraying characters on television, it's obviously scripted but hey if it's a good show then who really cares 😂

• it's called sports entertainment for a reason. do they train? are they skilled? yep. but it's clearly staged, so mixes sport/trainnig with extravagance.

it's not like football, tennis, or F1, these are sports in the true sense.

• Ofc it's fake and scripted. That's not to say it's not entertaining and they don't have skills.

• Its looks like fake too me

• it's fake of course but I love and watch it

• People say its fake its fake
    its not.
    scripted and fake are two different things.

those falls and chair hits.. are real..
    for everyone who says its fake

ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/.../...-20613-1384805633-19.gif

tell me whats fake about this?
    did they pause time switch his place with a dummy and put his body there
    on the floor?

ha, what about this one

stream1.gifsoup.com/.../...-orton-thumbtacks-o.gif

did they pause time while he was in the air and switch these thumb tacs with some tyope of over sized glitter?

you get in that ring and do that and come out telling me its not real.

• Yes it is.

What Girls Said 10

• It's obviously fake and scripted. But people do get injured sometimes when things don't go according to plan.

• Lmao.

WWE is neither fake nor real and it is also not fully scripted some of the matches are scripted but some are real fights. These superstars and professionals have to face real dangers when they perform their high risk moves and attacks by others.

I would love to know how the hell would you fake falling from a 30ft cage or getting punt kicked or a running knee on the side of your head. There is drama in it but then again it is called world wrestling entertainment they have to pull in a crowd to get money.

:\

• "A" For... A Little of "B" for Both. xx

• it is fake and scripted. it basically a soap opera for boys.

• I watched part of one match and I saw the guy get hit in the face, then saw the "victim" do a backwards somersault under the ropes n onto the floor. I said "wow." n changed it to The Office lol

• Is it scripted yes. However, those wrestlers put there body on the line every week. You can't fake the impact of being slammed through a table.

• It's fake obviously

• Yeah its fake. You can find storylines online now.

• It's fake but that doesn't mean it's not dangerous. People have died from it.

• Of couuuurse it's fake but it's good to watch, so who cares?