Anyone else feel like most of the older users on gag are just a little stuck up?

ex. they are online everyday. they spend wayyyy to much time on here and they confess to it. if you start a conversation with them sometimes they just blatantly ignore you.

• Yes-
  • No-
  • Other-
they think their opinion is better than other users because they've been here longer, have a higher xper, and spend all of their spare time on gag... i could go on but that covers the gist.
You're all on a damn ego trip.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's an ego thing. It happens everywhere. It reminds me of someone who sits down and puts an enormous amount of time into a video games just to have the highest rank out of all their friends. Some people miss on life just to get ahead of something meaningless.

• I was just going to say. EGO TRIP.

• Wow... someone* I think I just had a stroke while typing.

• RIGHT.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just ego mainly. I've been on this site like 3 years i think, I don't know i lose track as im only visiting intermittently. Time spent here means nothing, its the quality of post and responses which should matter.

What Guys Said 16

• I really am not sure what you are trying to say. You refer to the "older users" several times, but then talk about those who have been here longer, and also those with higher xper. Those can be three different groups. Just to pick a name for example, @apple24 has been on G@G just a little over a year, is only 20, spends a lot of time on here, and has xper approaching Master. And she is one of the easiest to talk with, always happy and cheerful with everyone.

As for cliques that seem to stick together and be buddies, liking each others opinions, I actually see that the most in your age group and just a few years over. About low to mid 20's.

As for "likes", or upvotes, many of us Gurus received Most Helpful often because we do help people out, yet do not get tons of upvotes. Even when getting MHG, my opinions seldom get more than a couple of upvotes and often none, even though it is MHG.

And you yourself said, "Some older users are nice, some are egotistical." That is true of all the ages on here and certainly does not make older users stuck up or egotistical as a group.

• This is once again generalisation at its finest.

• Yeah well there are plenty of over generalizations on this site thrown into articles called "mytakes." This website is all opinion based

• cos you get off on labelling people here.. lol.. as if they care about your views who or what matters lololololol.

• Not sure why you're putting so many "lols". This site is all about opinions, if you don't care for mine that's fine, Personally this is why I don't like gag anymore... Their are just a bunch of trolls with too much time on their hands.

• I'm a new user (near a month) and have engaged in post-exchanges in forums with older users. They seem pretty okay, but I haven't been here long enough to see what you're trying to say either.

Do what the most do, don't take shit so seriously. I can be bullied by everyone in here and I won't feel the slightest bit of hurt. Just think opinionated keyboard warriors. That is all we are to you and you'll be fine. You show weakness when you become too defensive on a particular subject, you're just setting yourself up to be chowed on.

That's your right if you don't want to respond to my post right now or if I asked you a question and you haven't replied to it. I wouldn't see you as a stuck up person. I'd see that as point or opinion taken or the topic no longer interest you to pursue it any further.

• I don't take gag seriously anymore it's just a bunch of ego driven popularity concerned bored people with too much time on their hands.

• Glad to hear.

• Are you referring to someone like me?
    Most of the people on here that I have made very bad experiences with (people that have very badly insulted and hurt me) were girls below 18 who were usually anonymous. So I think there are bad people in every age group here...

• No that's what I'm saying. I've never experienced cyber bullying on this scale. This website in all opinion based and older users just clique together and like all of their buddies comments whilst straight ignoring other users. When the downvote feature was present they would all dislike your opinion and all of the higher ranking xpers would get like 50 likes on their opinion which could say "Butts."

Than they feed their already massive egos by answering more questions.

• @apple24 I've seen you and I usually like your opinions :-)

• im only a dick 5 days out of the week lol

• It depends on the user. Not all are like that. Everybody is different. I try not to ignore people.

• All active users suck up to each other, including myself usually. Its just all in good fun to most of us.
    I'm one if the few to admit that truth I think lol

• I have yet to experience that, but I'm not all knowing by any means
    it could be true for all I know.

• All of my cyber bullies from this website have been from users ranked with higher xpers.

• Hey im not online everyday lol. And I dont think im stuck up, am I? I don't answer a question if I don't have a relatable experience.

• I've never seen your screenname before or spoke to you really.

• i might be older and i don't feel i'm better than anyone else because i have been on here longer, i have only been on here a little over month. as for how much time i spend on here , it veries i come and i go during the day. is there anything wrong with wasting time on here? as for my opinions some are better than others and its up to the person asking the question to figure out if its helpful or not.

• I honestly don't care. They can do what they want. They have zero affect on me. Block and mute are good tools if it bothers you that much.

• It's so funny how many people you HAVE to block on this site because of their annoying ass harassing you. I know users who block like 100+ people just because of the hate. No where else have I had to consider blocking 100+ people...

• I think I have been on here a month or so. I have one person blocked and can't even remember why. I think I just thought he was a huge moron. Didn't even say anything to me lol. Just thought he was that stupid ahaha. Sorry to hear you get harassed. People on here are very opinionated, so naturally when you get contrawise them, they get pissy.

• Yeah oh well. Some people have to be the devils advocate 24/7

• Yes yes I do!

NOW COWER BEFORE ME MORTAL AND PAY HOMAGE ! >:D

nah i dont think i am, i am pretty silly though : D

• I'm happy that we got some older people on here, they have more experience besides gag is addictive anyway.

• Some of them need to step off their high horse and get over themselves.

• Lets just say it doesn't matter because it's the internet. Some older users are nice, some are egotistical.

• don't you mean the women

• depends... nobody owes you their time.

• For a while I thought by "older" you meant old farts like me... (?)

What Girls Said 12

• How ironic? You seems a bit self centered and full of yourself in a bad way. The world doesn't revolve around you that includes the internet. Please stop spreading negativity on gag and I like you to respect it. I suggest you see a therapist asap. I think you would benefit.

• I don't think I have been on here long enough to notice any 'older' people who spend all their time on here and are complete jerks. I have seen numerous of younger ones whk, on the other hand, believe they know everything and everyone else must be wrong. But hey, that's how it is in the real world too.

I think I'm only assuming you're talking about the ones older in afe, but I believer you're referring to the ones who have been here the longest. I don't get a bunch of messages, but some of the ones I do get are from repulsive pervs or something of the sort. What mind if message do you send them? I am one who prefers decent conversations, so my messaging doesn't continue very long. Haha. Those people stop messaging me because I am not helping them with their fantasies.

• I really need to read my post before sending.

Ones older in age* = afe
      Believe= believer
      What kind of* =mind if message

• I thought you literally meant older users, like in age, and I was like no. Not really, they're usually the best responses lol (the 25-33 age group is either stubborn and "holier than thou" or very good advice. There's like no in between for this age group lol)

You mean the vets on here. They get clique mentality easier because they've been here longer.

And if I've been the big bad bitch, sorry. That's just how I am. Don't take it personally.

• Older as in age or as in when they joined? If age, nah, I haven't experienced any of that. If you mean older as in how long they've been here, still no. And then again I don't really pay attention to that. I'm cool with people who are cool with me. Period.

• I've noticed a lot of people getting butthurt when the truth is pointed is pointed out to them. If I ignore anyone it's because they didn't listen the first time and they want something more than advice. What is this, a charity? Be grateful someone is giving you the benefit of their experience and then pay forward by helping someone else♡

• No. Filler.

• You're way too invested in how people on a website treat you lmao

• Thanks for the opinion. Based on your profile picture you seem like such a charming young lady :)

• Haha she is a charming young lass!

• I'm actually not sure I have seen this behavior from "older" users. Maybe you've just run into a few bad eggs.

• If they are cyber bullying you, you could always report their opinions to the admins and they'll do something about it. That's what they're here for.

• Nope, never noticed that at all. Some of the younger users are gonna be the same though it's nothing about age.

• It's the fuckin Internet. These people are not in your day to day life. Why do you care so much! You're acting like this has affected you deeply lmao.

• *goes anon and than gathers courage to speak mind*

• if you're going to sit here and start picking fights Its hilarious how you have to go anon.

• It's not picking a fight, it's telling the truth. And speak for yourself, since you're also anon. Makes no sense.

• I haven't experienced this, or I guess really paid attention. I talk to someone that's been on this site for like over a year, maybe two years and they are nice to me.