What's up with teens nowadays with these online challenges?

Are the people that do this regressing or what?

Come on!
Don't u learn not to do this shit at 5?

Future generations who do this! I leave you not with my life when I am old and elderly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Teens have always done stupid stuff even before the internet, but now with social media it's about popularity and the challenges get more extreme and dangerous as they try to outdo each other and get more online popularity.
    This shows one of the ways the internet can have a negative impact.

Most Helpful Girl

• I just don't understand it either. I guess survival of the fittest is in full effect, though it's still sad and disappointing to see these things happening. On the radio this morning, I heard about two teens who were mixing racing fuel, which has a higher octane than regular gasoline, with Mountain Dew and drinking it. The one boy died from it. Not shocking at all, but jeez. Really? Duuuuumb.

What Guys Said 11

• They're normal.

If they're insane, then bungee jumpers, hikers, racers, jokers, stuntman, workers in electrical/chemical industry, pilots are all insane too.

Why people smoke when it's written on the packet that "smoking kills"? Why people drink and do drugs if they taste like garbage and mindfuck them?

Simple. To be cool. To dare. The thrill. All or nothing. YOLO.

Not just kids, every person wants to be popular, to be recognised, to accomplish, to succeed.
    The only difference is... the way they choose.
    Some play it safe, some dare to challenge the limits.

It's happening since the origin of mankind. When an African man hit the stones time and again, his fellow labeled him as insane sleazeball but when he burnt fire, he silenced the critics and created history.

But yeah that's unsafe :P

• I can respect someone who smokes cigarettes faster than I can respect someone who intentionally sets themselves on fire, like a dumb ass :(

But I get what you mean!
      You are sooo right!

Stupidity can result in any age group.

• You know... that separates us from these kids. Our means of taking risks are different. That's all. :)

• Oh goodness hell!
    The people who invent that crap must be completely sick in their heads :-(
    I can't imagine what people would find a challenge... it's like that joke "I won the game leaning as far as possible over the edge of the cliffs". This is what he looked like:
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f08c9a7f94.jpg

• Because of trolls on the internet... no lie. They make it believable enough that kids see something on the internet and recreate it... usually having bad consequences. For instance 4chan had a post where you combined certain chemicals to create crystals... what happened was not crystals... chlorine gas was created from the process and hurt many many young people.

• these dumbasses wanted recognition and learned the hard way. very unfortunate.

• Just one phrase - Bad parenting.

• Stupid people will do stupid things, internet just make it easier.

• Survival of the fittest. Let morons be morons and hope your kids dont turn out like that.

• Darwinism for the sake of their 5 minutes fame.

• All of this picking up speed when the "no whooping your kid's ass for acting a damn fool" policy was enforced.
    I see a connection here...

• Teens are generally stupid. Undeveloped frontal lobe.

• People did this crap in the past, the internet just didn't exist to make it well known.

What Girls Said 5

• I dong even know! Most of these challenges cause serious issues and even death! I don't know where there brains are

• I am not sure. Back in my day we had flip phones!

• "Back in my day" lol! Don't start phrasing things that way!!!
      Then I'll feel like dust!

• true! (: Have a nice day! (:

• You too :)

• I JUST said this yesterday. These challenges are dumb as hell. But a lot of these kids lack common sense so there's that. And in that video where the dumbass sets himself on fire, apparently that's his mother recording him. Smh.

• I have never tried these stupid challenges in my life and never will. It's a crappy idea and have no idea why people invented these things 😂

• Some of those challenges are really dumb, even the one that pretty much started it all was dangerous, the cinnamon challenge

• Glad to see you're smarter than that.

And the sad part is, I know it's just not teens I browsed the web and I saw some grown ass people doing this, this makes this even more sad AF.

• Yeah I don't really do any kind of challenges. Not even the safe ones. 😅