Why is that biracial children do look like either of their parents?

Almost Every biracial person I see with their parents do not like them. Why not?

Updates:
I meant do not*

0|0
4|2

Most Helpful Guy

• They couldn't decide which parents to look like since both parents are so different so they chose to be rebels and decided to be born completely different.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because kids don't only look like their parents, they can look like someone else in their family tree.

No one ever notices this difference when both parents are the same race.

I think people notice it more because people really like to stare at bi-racial children, and both their parents to figure out which parent they look like (Take it from a Mom of a bi-racial child).

0|0
    0|0
    • People observe my facial features, his dad facial features, more than they usually would if we all were the same race.
      It's like they break everything down, from skin tone, to hair texture, to nose shape, its really just crazy!

• Show All
    • Why not?
      So do what do you look like? Black or indian? And you ever wear saris? I had a guyanese friend and she always wore indian clothes.

• Aw man, yr son's gotta be a knockout.

My man's half Caribbean, and half some mix or another of PR/Cuban/white, and... well, he shoulda been born with a warning sign. I get a distinct feeling yr boy will be dashing, too.

What Guys Said 1

• Well, maybe because the genes of one side will be dominant.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• because you're focusing in their skin tone, instead of their facial features. otherwise, you'd see they actually do look like them both.

0|0
    0|0
    • But... I do look at their faces so I don't know what you're talking about.

• Everybody always goes nuts about how much I look like my mother, then when they see my father they do the same thing again, so I look like both of mine I think. Maybe it's because it's different skin tone it looks less to you, but when you look at facial features alone you'll see some similarities usually. I do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure, I guess it's the type of people you are around. I am mixed and have features of both my parents. I also love and get along with both of them, as do my siblings.

1|0
    0|0