Guys, Are you more/less likely to approach a girl based on the friends she's with?

So let's say you see a really attractive girl at the mall. And she's browsing through a store. And you're thinkin like "she's so hot, I wanna go talk to her". Then her friend walks over to her, and her friend is like overweight and not as attractive as the girl who caught your eye. And, this friend is known to be kind of a loser around school, not very popular. Would this make you not approach the attractive girl?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• No, it doesn't matter. Because I don't view most people as losers, just as misunderstood.

What Guys Said 12

• Psychology research actually says that you look more attractive when you stand next to a person of the same sex that is far less attractive than you are. I will caveat, however, that I am turned off if she hangs around people that I know do drugs and criminal acts, etc.

• If she's hotter than the I'll assume she's in love. Then I'll abstain
    If she associates with "bad boys" I'll abstain too: they spell trouble

• In that situation my wingman would take the hit and get chubster out of the picture, allowing me to swoop in and nail the 9/10.

If she's in a wolfpack (10-15 girls) I break her off first. Trying to hit on a woman when she's with her wolfpack never goes well.

• No, but it is not as easy to talk to a girl if she isn't alone, because you have to deal with the friend dynamic as well.

• That would make me a lot more likely to approach her. It would indicate she's not totally superficial and capable of evaluating someone beyond their appearance and reputation.

• no. i approach girls with guy as well, because he might be her friend or relative, but i ask them if they are in relationships.

• i would still approach he but say like the friend is a bitch or something then i wouldn't

• Nope. Not at all.

• About the same. In a sense it feels easier than approaching a group of all hot girls. Additionally, girls who are hot and only hang around with other hot girls tend to have higher egos.

The flip side is less attractive friends have a tendency to cockblock.

With a group of hot girls, you can kind of go flirt with all of them and see if any are interested, though the problem can be they all kind of half flirt and half sit back.

A lot of guys are afraid the less attractive girl will claim them, so they ignore her and really focus on the cute one. This usually makes them seem like a shallow asshole, the uglier friend goes into cockblock mode and it blows up.

The smart move is to neg hit the hot one and joke around with the friend. Higher chance the attractive one ups her flirting because their egos can't handle being overlooked for their uglier friend. They will feel guilty about this later. You can then pretend the hot one won you over with her personality.

• I don't really care about the looks if you are attractive and hang out with attractive girls that are mean and/or have done bad things to me/treated me badly, maybe including rejection lol.

• Most guys don't like to approach a girl around her friends. We prefer not having an audience when we risk rejection. It can also create problems if the other girl gets jealous and tries to come between us, making success much harder. This is so common a problem that guys wanting to be with a girl that is around her friend, needs a wing man to distract the unattractive girl, in order for him to approach the attractive girl.

• Haha, if she has friends around her I'm not going to approach her at all :/