Do you care whether or not humanity survives beyond your own lifetime?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I used to for a long while, but after the grim realization that the will of the majority trumps the concerns of the minority, I have given up. Quite simply, I am a dying breed that will never be able to change the direction of humanity on my own. In order to help, the world needs to be willing to accept help. That said, my only concern now is for the wellbeing of myself and those loved ones around me. Humanity is a runaway freight train that is going to crash whether I like it or not, so I might as well enjoy the ride.

What Girls Said 5

• Gonna be honest... they could go a generation or two past it (just so I don't die right at the end) but otherwise...

• I wouldn't have decided to study environmental engineering otherwise.

• That will really make me sad if it does.

Cause then it means I missed the Zombie Apocalypse

• Eh, whatever will happen will happen 😊 I don't think about it too much 😅

• Not really no...

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, I do. I think you need to be heartless in order not to. I strongly believe that our children and their children deserve the same things we enjoyed during our lifetime (a clean environment, resources etc.). I also believe that is the guilt of those who do not care that we (as humanity) destroy our planet. It's very frustrating to be one of those people who take great care of our environment and know there are so many people who don't give a fuck. It's like buying a new laptop computer and taking great care of it, always wiping it and gently touching it and then there's this sibling who just keeps saying "oh c'mon, the computer will die one day anyway" and just throws your computer on the floor all the time.

• I no longer care. But as far as spreading the seeds of the knowledge and ideas that matter have been done, I care that I have done the best job I can be expected to. Each of us should be concerned first about the end of those immediately close to us, then about our own ends as individuals, and let the world's end worry about itself.

• I have no idea how long will humanity survive!. Hence no, I don't really think about it.

• Why do we want children then?

• Yes, I do.

• Yes, the idea of humanity dying off is my worst nightmare.

• Yeah, we cause we fucking rock

• thats what separates a human from a bipedal animal. of course i care

• and your mho guy who said we can't change it is wrong. we always could and still can.