Is there any way of knowing if you are a good essay writer?

I don't consider myself to be a very good writer - maybe average - though I usually amost always get A's on all of my essays.

However today, one of my friends sent me a copy of her writing for editing purposes and when I realized how bad her writing was, it made me feel better about my own writing that maybe my ability to get A's in school was a result of more than just pure luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess if you get straight A's in your essays that can determine how great of an essay writier you are I suggest speaking to your English teacher.

What Guys Said 1

• no. that's why i hate subjects like English. it's 100% subjective. yes, there are things you can do that make you a good writer and stuff, but there is not right or wrong. subjects like English are the only ones where the teacher may or may not believe in giving a's. in math or science, it's either you're wrong or right. no "ifs", "ands" or "buts" about it. i guess it depends on your writing style.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm the same. I noticed I'm quite good at English and writing. A lot of my friends in college would ask me to edit their papers or look over essays to see if it's ok and if I could add something more. I love writing. I wish I had done more and gone back to school again for journalism or something.