Collecting things s a useless hobby?

Agree or disagree? or does it depend on the collection?

• I agree
  • I disagree
  • It depends (please explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not a useless hobby it's something that brings joy to some people which is their purpose so it's doing its job.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope. Sentimental value > Monetary value Unless you trying to flip whatever you collecting in the future for cash

What Girls Said 14

• It's absolutely useless.

That doesn't mean I oppose collecting though. I do useless stuff all the time :p

• nah... It what makes u happy.

• I disagree. It's not a useless hobby. Some people are actually quite passionate about their hobbies and collect things because of it. I see no harm done in that

• Anything that makes you happy can't be called useless..

• It's not useless if the person enjoys collecting them or there is a reason behind it. Not to me anyway. The collection serves a purpose.

• I think if it makes someone really happy, then it's not useless. I have mini collections of things and it's fun :3

• Agreed/depends.

If he collects as a hobby (huge collection) but then gives it away or does something good with it, then cool.

• It all depends on the collection mhm..

• Collecting an useless thing is a useless hobby

• No. Everyone is free to do whatever they want.

• WHY WAS I TAGGED IN THIS WTH

• you posted in my other one and curious about your opinion in this one...

• so whats your opinion?

• In that case, I think it kinda depends. Like first of all it depends on who is saying if it's useless or not because they might not be into what the other person is collecting. Another thing it depends on is how much the stuff costs, if they're taking up too much room, if they're too addicted to them, or if they are too many items that are just extra things that have no use at all. For example, I saw a picture of someone's room filled with Gravity Falls merchandise (I really love creepy shows like that) and they had posters and then they had a pillow with the bill cipher wheel on it and I think a comforter girlfriend themed too and other stuff like that. I don't think it's useless because I love the show, they're not taking up that much room, and the probably don't cost a whole lot of money, and they have everyday things that are just girlfriend themed so it's not like they're useless at all. But collecting something on shelves wouldn't be that bad unless it costs a lot of $ or takes up a lot of room

• I don't think it is. If it makes someone happy, then let them have at it. As long as they don't let it consume their life in a negative way (like buying that instead of food).

• Depends if the collection is of value and age/ gender appropriate.

• if it isn't gender appropriate?

• Like no tiara collections for a guy 😄

• I think collecting things that are going to be worth money is ok.

• but if they have no intention of ever selling them?

• The thing that turns out to be worth money could be the last thing you expect.

• @TheOldMan59 sometimes, yea. Like random toys people kept from their childhood and even certain items of clothing or furniture that others would have said stop hoarding throw it away... But still. It's just how I think. I do keep things myself, but i still see it as useless hoarding and try not to keep too much.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it depends on the quantity of the things you collect. My relative used to care for this girl who collected chairs. By the of 4 months, her room was filled with the collectables which made it difficult for my relative to sweet and mop her room.

So if you collect too many objects of your interest, it can be more of a chore than anything else. Hoarding can make life for those who live with you unpleasant. So keep your collection small and manageable buddy.

• I think it depends what you're collecting, and why. I collect CDs and books but I quickly run out of space to keep them. That said, if I lost them all tomorrow it wouldn't destroy me physically and emotionally. I don't put much faith in material things.

• How can anything that you enjoy be "useless" as the use is in the enjoyment?

• I am proud of my nerd heritage, and i will collect stuff until the day i die...

• Everything is useless, life is useless, which means nothing is useless