Is this considered bullying? What should I do?

I am 14 and I take the public Metro bus with my friend (she's 14 too) and so do some guys (they also are 14 too) at our school. Anyways on the bus they call her a "weeaboo" (look it up if u don't know what that is) and make fun of her for being bisexual. And today as she was leaving the bus one of the guys threw a shoe at her. Also they said "Haha omg she's gonna go cry and cut herself and be a fucking weeaboo!" And they even told her to go kill herself. Those guys make fun of me too but not as often. Also, they are the biggest hypocrites ever: They say that she's rude and annoying and "insensitive to how others feel." Yet they told her to kill herself, threw a shoe at her, and call her names. Who's the insensitive one now? This happens almost every day and I don't know what to do because I'm tired of it. I'm afraid of speaking up because they will laugh at me and probably roast me with comebacks. by the way she films the stuff they do on the bus so we could use that as evidence. So is this considered bullying?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, this is bullying.
    And one thing I find particularly crazy here is that this is happening on a public transport bus you said, correct? What the hell? Is there no decent fellow passenger that ever sticks up for you guys? Some tough grandpa or somebody like that? That's so crazy!

You should definitely tell your teacher and potentially also your principal about this. Oh and your friend should also talk to her parents about it.
    And to give you a little advice how to act in that situation:
    Basically, you have three good options. First, your friend and you should completely ignore them. If they scream insults at her, don't scream back. Don't even talk back. Don't even look at them. Treat them like thin air. If they're regular bullies, this will already make the situation better. Bullies enjoy their bullying because they receive a lot of attention. The moment they are being ignored, they lose interest. Secondly, you could take a more pro-active approach and ask one of your fellow passengers (an adult) to help you guys. This is something that affords a lot of courage because you have to go up to a complete stranger and ask him/her for help but it can already help you scare those bullies away. Thirdly, the most active approach is one that you should only do if you're really confident in yourself and your physical abilities. If you want to physically fight them, it's important to find out who is their leader. Don't fight followers. Fight the leader. If you can scare the leader of their group, all the other guys will also shit their panties. In order to not turn this ugly, it's important to make this fast and clean. Go up to the leader of their group and punch him in the face. My dad once told me that he was bullied really badly as teenager and this is how he solved it. He went up to the loudest, most dominant guy and punched him just one time but it was enough for that guy to bleed and lose a couple of teeth. After that day, my dad was never ever bullied again. But like I said, this is something you should only do if you feel comfortable. Asking help from a fellow passenger is certainly the safer bet.

• My friend and I try to ignore them so we don't give them a reaction because I know that's what bullies want. But even if we ignore them they still continue to call her a weeaboo and taunt her. If I speak up I'm afraid of looking stupid because he (the main one) would yell at me and say "SHUT THE FUCK UP WEEABOO ITS A FREE COUNTRY AND I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. I KNOW THAT I'M AN ASSHOLE!" He calls me a weeaboo too just he doesn't make fun of me as often.

• So I told them on the bus to stop bullying her and to leave her alone however they tell me that she tells them to kill themselves so they say it back and insult her back. Also my friend hits them and got into a fistfight with one of them. And my friend is kinda a hypocrite too, she says she hates sitting in the back of the bus with the mean guys, yet she still sits back there. And I asked her "why don't you just sit in the front of the bus of you hate them so much?" and she said that "the front of the bus is too boring." Wtf. Its like she wants to be made fun of. I guess from now on I'm not gonna stand up for anyone that's being bullied because maybe they have done something deserve it :/. Like maybe the victim isn't a very nice person and said something mean so they are saying something back. I only made myself look like an idiot.

• Hmmm I'm sorry about that. That really sounds hypocritical and stupid. It's also funny she said the front of the bus was boring. When I lived in the US, I always deliberately sat in the front of the bus because it was nice and quiet. Especially in the early mornings I could just sit there, listen to music and have my peace while the idiots in the back were being immature and screaming around haha.
      Anyways... I wouldn't let this experience corrupt your way of thinking though. There are many other occasions where the victim does need help and where it's worth standing up for other people.

Most Helpful Girl

• of course thats bullying... i really hate bullies.

First of all, its not their business if she's bisexual, homosexual, pan sexual, etc,.. secondly, she likes Japanese anime? Whats so bad about that? she's 14 right? she's allowed to like anything her heart desires. And if you feel they are really bugging you THAT much Id stand up to them, with your friend.

(My past- these guys used to call me and my best friend lesbians because we were always together, we held hands (not hand to hand, like arm in arm), anyway, we always did everything together, went home together, etc... to make the guys mad, my friend would agree saying "yeah, we're lesbians you have a problem with that?" -we really werent, we were just giving them a reason to leave us alone, because once you agree with them, they look stupid... but that didn't cut it for me, since I was pissed off, what did I do? I went up to the most ANNOYING GUY, and kicked him in the balls. the idiot cried like a chick and after that he left us alone, he didn't even look at us anymore.

Now im not saying, kick them in their balls - Im saying, get together and agree that you're both weeabos, and if they have a problem with it they can go to hell. After some time, they will both get tired of making fun of you. Bullies prey on the weak because they have personal problems at home or in their life... sometimes.

If you take this up with the school, the school won't do anything because this wasn't done on school premises, I should know. I've been bullied up until 7th grade.. I had a shitty past (dont we all though?). Anyway, to get to my point. This girl used to call my house and bully me by making mean and rude comments about my deceased father. (I stopped piicking up the phone and the messages were saved) My mother got so mad, she went to the school with the recorded phone to speak to the Dean - the dean said there is nothing she could do because this wasn't done on school premises... Basically if you're not being bullied on school property, the school doesn't give a shit. Which is unfair...

My best advice is - ignore them, or record their comments and go to the Dean or Principal... maybe itll work for you.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, it's bullying. Don't tolerate this. Go with her to tell the principal. Those boys need a major ass-woopin.'

• Yeah this is considered bullying. Bring it to administration they will handle it legally. Or bring it to me and I'll handle it under the law.
    #swag #alpha #notpartofyoursystem
    Don't let these fuk s get away with that sh it.

• Yes approach your school's principal or counselor and ultimately tell them about it. Submit video evidence and let them proceed.

• yes, this is bullying.

• Yes tell the bus driver he will kick them off at the next stop. Trust he will tell the driver to call the cops too and press charges against these boys.

• Yeah haha, those dudes are picking on the weak and vulnerable because they're betas.

What Girls Said 7

• That is bullying. You should tell someone and help stop this. You just watching and not even telling them to stop or that its wrong at least makes you guilty too. Because if something really happened to her (like her actually commiting suicide) Then you know that you knew that you had the power to stop it, or commort her, but you didn't because you care about the guys " roasting" you. Those boys won't matter in about 3 years.
    Whatever they can say about your appearance is nothing compared to them actually telling you to end your life like they did to the girl. What would you do if you were the girl? Please do what's right..

• Huh... yeah this is considered harassment and fuck them! Tell them to grow a pair and worry about their own lives because it's really fuckin shallow of them to completely disregard her feelings. What ever you do don't back down and don't give up on yourself. I see girls all the time in my high school just allow guys to run all over them with their words and it's not right. Stand up for what you believe in and for Christ sake tell an adult and get that girl some therapy. Don't doubt your abilities and stop coming up with excuses for not stopping this. Just because they're saying some harsh words and coming up with good comebacks doesn't mean you should back down. Don't yell but be confident and harsh, look right in their faces and say what is really bothering you.

• Yes it is!

• It's definitely bullying, and you should tell and authority figure and stick up for your friend. You would want someone sticking up for you if this happened to you wouldn't you? Don't be a shit friend by leaving her hanging just because you're afraid of comebacks and roasts, and think of good insults while you're at it.

• Your is getting bullied for sure. Defend your friend as much as you can, in other words be there for her. The best thing to do is to take a different metro, both of you should keep your distance from those cruel boys.

• Fuck yeah that's bullying. Exploit the shit out of your evidence.. And if all else fails call them out. Advocate for yourselves. Fight back. Ask them why they give a flying fuck about your friends sexuality. That's what I would do

• Tell someone man! Tell someone! Stuck up for the girl!