Can you drive a big rig and if so how long have you been doing it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I drive one it has a gross weight of close to 69,000 KG/ 152,000 lbs. Gross weight is the total of the truck & cargo being hauled.

• Impressive what do you haul

• People ruining in to the back of things is what's putting a new truck in my shop

• Thanks for the MH.

Most Helpful Guy

• yea and no! >.<

i got a quick 2 day lesson and then was part of a convoy of 9 trucks going over ice, i didn't need a licence because it was privately owned nature lake that froze over, took about 4 hours to cross and it was the scariest and most fun thing ever!

they just chose me because im a quick learner and they where down a man for a shipment, i was safe in a convoy :3

What Girls Said 2

• NO i can't not.

• Heck no! I can't even reverse park!

What Guys Said 2

• No, I have an average size rig and I have been driving it for 42 years. :)

• I've driven a lifted Cummins, I can only imagine the experience is somewhat similar. :D

• Not really that truck ways 8000 pounds a full loaded big rig it 82000 pounds that truck had hydrolic brakes big trucks have air brakes the trailer on a big rig is 53 feet long so it could haul two or 3 of that truck plus you have 6 gears at most a big truck has 18

• You Rev match instead of using the clutch

• Damn, driving a rig is more skilful than I thought. :P

I'll stick to my li'l 5 speed. :D