Do you know anyone who's ever attempted suicide?

Did they go through with it? What happened

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, my sister's friend committed suicide last year. He had been severely depressed for a long time.

It's heartbreaking to hear about people who intentionally take their own life, because they don't really want to end their life... they just want to end their emotional suffering. They also leave a trail of heartbreak behind them, because the people who care about them and love them are always left with the burden of guilt thinking they cold have prevented it somehow. Their lives are never the same again

Most Helpful Guy

• Just one, and he didn't attempt, he actually did it. In 2003 in high school. Shot himself in the heart in front of his long time girlfriend for breaking up with him. He did it during lunch time, I was walking like fifteen feet away when I heard the pop of the gun. Thought someone popped a capri sun or paper bag at first until I heard the screaming. I turned around and saw him on the floor with blood pumping out of his chest. I'll never forget that day. It was the first time I heard a gun shot and see someone die. Poor girl must STILL be in therapy

What Girls Said 7

• My cousin

He attempted the first time and he didn't get through then the second time he did. He died a year ago.

It started when he was smoking weed with some of the boys on the block. It seemed harmless because he smoked weed regularly except this time, it was laced with cocaine.. lots of it. It drove him mentally ill and the doctors are soo stupid down here they didn't order toxic screening or drug screening to rule anything out or pick up anything.

Instead they sent him to the mental asylum for a few weeks but when he came out he wasn't the same. He missed out weeks of school and church. He was different , you could see and feel it. One day his bestfriends were over at his house chilling and saw him pounding his head hard with a coconut. Next week when he was to leave for visa, he drank Gramozone which is a posion used to kill weeds fast. He was rushed hospital where they pumped him but it was too late. I pray he R. I. P , he is and forever will be missed.

• Yes so many!

• A 15 year old girl form my school hanged herself 5 days ago. She died in the hospital.

Please, just talk to someone if you need help - there ARE people who will listen.

• I know one girl in real like who has always talked about suicide and she used to it herself. But I don't know if she ever actually attempted.
    But literally every person I meet online is depressed or suicidal for some reason

• My uncle.
    He drank poison

They took him to hospital.
    The first hospital gave up hopes and said can't be saved

They took him to a different one and he was saved
    But I think he was in extreme pain.

• Me. 1,5 years ago.

• Yes... me. At 19 I ODed on a bottle of volporic acid & a bottle of risperidone. What sucks is my friends weren't really there for me afterwards.

What Guys Said 8

• 3 friends of mine, my grandfather on my mothers side.

The first, I got a notification the day after, what he had done
    the second tried, but didn't succeed, luckily for us
    and the last I somehow prevented.

• yeah, and she was successful.

• That depends. Can you say that you "know" yourself? If yes, then I know a person. I was 14 years old then. I dont even remember what happened but being the lone child, I suddenly thought about my parents and backed out.

• Yes, I attempted it as teenager and I was saved by a complete stranger at the last minute.

• yes, me. but then medical professionals are shit... they told me it's wrong for me to be an atheist and that casual sex is a sin, i don't really care about them or anybody else, i made myself better, since they're only offended that i do these things beyond "my life scope".

• No, and if I saw someone wanting to I would talk them out of it.

• Friend of mine told me he tried to OD a few times.

• A friend of mine swallowed a ton of shit from her medicine cabinet and called me right after in tears telling me she regretted it. I drove her to the hospital so fast that as soon as I stopped the car, a cop pulled me out and I got arrested.

She came very close to not being able to live past that.

Poor girl was put into rehabilitation centers that only made her worse.

All she wanted was to be herself and not be bothered. She wasn't even all that weird until people started bullying her a lot.