Ok should I return my book from amazon... I was told the book was new and it came with a smug):?

Yes I care!

Most Helpful Guy

• I ordered something (not a book) from Amazon a couple years ago, which came in the mail damaged. I then e-mailed a complaint along with pictures to prove it, and in response, Amazon offered me a full refund, a reimbursement of the shipping fee, all while I get to keep the product for free.

• Rather than email she could contact a live support chat representative and the same thing would probably happen! Rather than waiting for an email response :)

Amazon is usually really great about their refunds. I've always gotten free return shipping. And if you ask for a replacement they ship that for free, as well (which should be expected).

• @Mekkalyn I am doing this right now! But I really feel vain haha!

• @Mekkalyn i return a book that wasn't really good content wise. They just refund it. Cool I didn't know amazon did that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm similar to you. I had bought the Mass Effect Trilogy and there was a broken piece on the case. I can't stand things like that so, I returned it.

Yes, it's a hassle and annoying especially when you want your things. But I'd rather be happy than resentful.

• haha I know its just a small teen book but I want it new. It said new so that what I expect. haha

What Guys Said 16

• I would call and ask for a new book... why return the one that is smudged you should be able to keep it too! I think there is a stipulation about that kind of thing in retail law.

Besides your time is valuable, why should you have to repack a book and send it back when they screwed-up in the first place.

• Yes you should, then ask for a replacement or refund.

• Try to, there's a good chance it was the case for the entire lot :-(
    Make a pic of the book just laying in its packaging with the default clearly visible and post them a mail. Good chance that it works :D

• yeah Its not biggie ya know sometimes they put things in storaged and marks and dirt happens!

• Yeah but as a customer you pay for a clean product so if you complain it may work out :D

• Send it back with a bag of dog poo and a note saying "You smug my shit so I know you'll enjoy this shit!"

• If it was for school>>>no
    if it was for personal shit>>>yes

• That's kind of petty but it will cost you money to ship it back

• i wouldn't bother with it

• If it bothers you send it back. What's the name of the guy who runs Amazon? Bezos? He can afford to send you a new one.

• Whatever you want apple

• Yes you should

• Yeah, if you don't have to pay nothing more. The quicker the better.

• Aw and I really wanted to read this book now I got send it back but its cool! i have to send a few thing back.

• Hope it's quick... Like what? 1 week to get another?

• haha I dunno!

• Wow, you are vain.

• Oh come on! Even if it small it said new! If it was used than I would expected it to be used. but they said new!

• @Mekkalyn Just because it is smudged doesn't make is used. I want it to look as nice as possible for as long as possible.

• She has said there is purple ink smudged on her book in another comment. I would be really upset about that, and it does make it look used. If it has defects it is "used" not "new"

• like on the ink or just like a general smuge?

• ofcourse , but i won't judge a book by its cover.

• Sure, my brother would. he's big on " if its new, its new, damn-it! " lol

• congratulations ;P

What Girls Said 2

• Something happened, my book's pages are too fragile and a few pages came off.

But I am keeping it.
    I don't like doing returns.

• I would, you need to get what you paid for