Do you think it's possible to be discriminated against for beauty?

Would hiring managers discriminate against a naturally attractive woman? is this a thing? I have a cousin who is tall and naturally beautiful without makeup she can't seem to get a basic retail or fast food job. Also I find it's a rarity to find really naturally pretty women working in basic jobs in general. What are your thoughts? She has been interviewed by mostly other women and a gay man. I don't see what the big deal is with giving her such a hard time for basic jobs like kohls or jack in the box. All I can think of is her looks play a negative role in the managers giving her a hard time. She is qualified and has a high school diploma and had done seasonal work before

She has even had a woman lie and say she never turned in her application

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's just plain stupid for retail or food businesses to rule out a candidate because of his/her beauty.

However, I do think that there is a logical reason for why managers hiring for office jobs may prefer not to hire beautiful people. Beautiful people, and beautiful women in particular causes distractions amongst other men, and jealousy amongst the less attractive women in the office, and the business will usually perform more effectively and efficiently without drama.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sadly , beauty plays a hugeeee roll. More attention etc is given

What Guys Said 2

• Hell no. Beautiful people, male and female, are given preferential treatment not only when looking for a job but in just about every facet in life. If she's not getting hired and she truly is beautiful, then she's doing something wrong.

• It may be her attitude or perhaps poor interviewing skills. I've seen many upon many beautiful women working basic jobs.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't doubt that some women get insecure or jealous and won't hire based on that, but not every place. If it's multiple places she might not be the most qualified.