How do you learn to have discipline? And be consistent?

Especially when it comes to morning routines, eating healthy, etc.

Most Helpful Guy

• I grew up in a military family so I know this 😂😂😂
    Well I think I learned discipline from praying when I first hear azhn I go pray without thinking so I think this will do , do at instant without thinking

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Repetition is your best friend. For example, I'd never been to the gym when I was in school, wouldn't have dreamed of going, but then I started to get really out of shape and needed to go, and obviously to see results, have discipline and be consistent. I went one day, half dragged myself through some sort of routine, then went home. It sucked but I knew I wanted to see results, so I went back the next day. A month later I was going at 6am every morning, 5 days a week, before class so that I could maintain the routine. Part of it, is just telling yourself, whatever you want to do, that when you really don't want to do it, is when you should probably be doing it, studying, working out, waking up early, whatever. Then set some small goals and rewards. For every ten mornings you wake-up early and get to school on time, you go see a movie. When you want to give up on it, visualize why you want to do it in the first place to help motivate you to keep doing it. Then prepare so that you won't fail. Every night, I put out my gym clothes, socks, shoes, gym towel, and set two alarms to wake up on time, so that I could continue to be consistent. Hope something in there helped.

• "Delayed Gratification". Look up the "marshmallow test". You can be lazy/eat that fattening snack right now, or you can be skinnier/healthier in a few weeks.

• Welll Its a pattern.

• You start slow and than increase and increase until you get at the level you want and it stays.

• Like everyday make a schedule? A plan! A set day!