What are the weirdest or oddest things you''ve eaten?

Title say's it what's the weirdest and or oddest thing or things you've eaten? I'll post mine, you can add pictures or just say what they are.

Liver
Frog Legs

Heart

Cow tongue

Gizzard ( which is sort of like a second stomach of a bird )

Kindey

Pickled pigs feet

Gator

Crawdads ( which kind of look like a cross between a lobster and a shrimp )

Insects/Bugs

Also people by odd or weird I mean that in the sense that even though these items maybe common a lot of people don't eat them like liver for example is common but a lot of people find it weird or nasty to eat. Just to clear that part up.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol.. Some of those things are really common in my country xD
    Ehhh when I was a kid I used to eat sand and baby powder if that counts lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Goanna/Snake/Turtle while working in North West Australia.
    So cliche but the first two taste like chicken, The turtle was a little fatty...

• Yeah I don't know why but it's like most meats always remind you of chicken a little bit, I guess what they say is true everything taste like chicken a little bit lol.

What Girls Said 17

• Asub, a Long green stemmed 'Tree like" plant that is sugary, Plus... Pigeon...
    I was Out in Egypt a few years ago, for I had married a man who had found me on Facebook. I didn't Get much American foods that I was accustomed to and with Eating all of the different Homemade Egyptian foods that were put before me or we would Buy..
    These were just a few "Odd or Weird" things I got to Try... Very Tasty.
    Good luck, Nice job here, @Phoenix98 xx

• Interesting, well sounds like a very interesting experience from a food standpoint.

• I was speculating of course but I have spent time with pretty diverse people culturally so I do know a little about it.

• Hey, wonderul, and an amazing history tha tone can not only experience, but talk about. xxoo

• Squirrel

• I have not eaten that... yet.

• Lol yeah as a stew. Gator is good, but not weird. Yeah screw eating horse's maybe if i were a zombie or some shhh.👌✌try squirrel tho

• I have eaten gator kind of taste like chicken and is kind of salty but yet as it's own unique taste lol. And lmao yeah, o defiantly will, I'll just have to catch one quietly lol.

• I have had frog legs, gator (in gumbo), crawdads, roasted bone marrow, liver, shark (in a sea food platter in Venice), and escargot. Those would probably be considered "weird" things.

• Interesting, shark any good?

• I've had things more common in certain places... like I've had horse meat (in frikadel, it's chicken, pork and horse) and didn't know what it was when I first ate it. It has an interesting taste

http://i.imgur.com/oGtiDcw.jpg

Calamari, various sushi and one had eel and eel sauce which tasted surprisingly good.

• interesting.

• I've eaten alligator which is pretty tasty. When I used to eat chicken nuggets, no one exactly knows what's in a nugget either. Other than that I kind of stay away from anything strange looking. Then people think calamari, sashimi, ahi tuna, and seaweed are weird things to eat.

• Kind of taste like chicken actually but really salty least that's what mine taste like.

Hmmm so mystery nuggets, weird.

Those last things aren't to bad, I've eaten a couple kinds of tuna and calamari, and seaweed on sushi but not sashimi.

• Yeah I never really ate hot dogs I don't even eat tofu dogs I find them all disgusting.

Sushi is vinegar rice and you can get cooked things or veggies. Sashimi is raw fish and just raw fish.

• Well a hot dog at least your basic ones you'd find in any store is basically a bunch of animal parts, mainly pork mashed up and put in tube form, now things like sausage are different they only share the shape, nothing else.

Yeah basically sushi the only difference is the lack of vinegared rice and vegetables, not much difference between them.

• this is so disgusting! 😷

• And if by disgusting you mean actually pretty healthy for you and delicious then yes you are correct.

• EEEEEEEEEEWWW!!!

• Not really, you're missing out, well not on the feet those taste pretty bad but everything else taste really good and is quite healthy for you.

dailyhealthpost.com/.../

*rolls eyes* and yes I know EWWWWW!!!

• ew I never eaten anything odd!

• Liver is not odd to me, quite common where I come from, so I'll go with liver, I'm not really into "weird foods"

• As I said not odd as in not common but just weird to other people, since a lot of people don't like liver.

• Out of these, crawdads and gator. Yummy!

• I was gonna say before I saw your username you're a southern girl aren't ya lol, no meal is complete though without a nice bowl of gritz.

• Haha. Yep. Sent good ole cheese grits! I'm sure I have mentioned it before somewhere, but oysters are a must! Seafood in general is a-mazing!

• Yeah agreed.

• chicken feet :x i used to love them as a kid. pretty common in my culture. but now i can't stand the sight of them lol. liver as well. calamari, squid.

• Snails... when I found out was pretty odd to me.

• I've tried cooked lamb brain , pig's colon stuffed with liver , rice and other stuffs o. o meh. its pretty good.

• I've been wanting to try brain but it's sort of hard to find around here, Liver is good though, a lot of people don't know this but eating organ meat like liver or the heart is actually pretty good for you.

• fyi :P 2.bp.blogspot.com/.../P1080606.JPG

preparation:
      Hearts were sectioned into two parts - the length, so as to open.
      Clear / cut of skins clots, cartilage, if left and pieces of fat / fat, washed nice flowing water.
      Each heart was cut along a further 2 or 4 (depending on how large to obtain wide strips about 5.6 cm. - Resembling triangles.
      * Prepare a brine of 2-3 l. Of water and 300 g salt
      * Place the hearts and left in brine for about 10-12 hours (up to 24 if they are large, veal).
      * Remove and drain on kitchen paper or towels around 4-5 hours.
      * Sprinkle with spices (before sprinkling only black pepper, but now I do a mixture of equal parts savory, black pepper, cumin, oregano and Qimen plus as these - more so paprika - as spices for Kaiser-jerk) and pressed nice hands to clog.
      * Tie at one end and hung in a ventilated, dry and shady place for about 5 days.
      !!! Dry relatively quickly because it is dry and muscular meaty this , i wanna hear you're feedback :)

• Thanks, next time I get a heart big enough for the recipe I'll be sure to try it and let you know :)

• Brain xD

• I've eaten some odd Japanese food like eels

• I've eaten chicken feet before.

• Grass probably lol.
    Actually, when I was little I ate a spider apparently 😂

• I had snails before, they tasted pretty good.

• Nice, you'd think the opposite just from looking at em though.

• I ate this nasty seafood chowder and it had squid In it 😖

What Guys Said 14

• The oddest thing I've eaten was chicken feet. It was basically chicken feet, cut off, seasoned, and served with rice on the side (it was at a pretty authentic Chinese place. I felt pretty white not being able to read most of the menu lol).

Chicken feet is kind of awful. I wanted to try it because I thought, "Eh, where else would I be able to eat these?" It was basically rubbery skin around the small bones. Not a pleasant experience. If I had a chance to order them again, I wouldn't.

Something like this:
    www.foodista.com/sites/default/files/DSC_1224.JPG

Besides chicken feet, I have tried various types of bugs before along with various types of jerky. Gator was one of them, but I've also had a piece of kangaroo and snake jerky before too.

• Sounds kind of like Pigs Feet which are also literally severed feet except they are pickled and jarred. Had Gator, not Kangaroo, never had snake jerky but have had rabbit jerky.

• Ahh yeah that is true.

• Balut:

i.ytimg.com/vi/jY-hPWdzU60/maxresdefault.jpg

Tastes just like chicken.

• -beef liver
    -turkey gizzard
    -lengua (cow tongue) which is actually pretty damn good if cooked right
    -frog leggs
    -chocolate covered cricket (u think im joking im not lol)

• Nice I've had all of those things as well and I know right? tongue when cooked right is fantastic like the best steak you've ever eaten, very tender.

And o I know your not joking chocolate covered insects are a delicacy of sorts around here I've eaten them before along with ants and various other buggers.

• Agoudac
    Or "Eskimo Ice Cream"
    Not only is it weird, it's also gross.
    It's basically shortening, berries, and sugar stirred up.
    It would traditionally be made with say moose or seal fat, but these days Crisco is easier to come by.
    I don't like it, but you go over to someone's house and they offer you some agoudac, it's rude to say no.

• 0|0
    • Interesting I've eaten raw seaweed or at least lightly cooked ones, whatever they put on sushi, not bad taste wise, gets stuck in your teeth though.

• Word, does it have its own distinct taste or is close to some sort of vegetable? The fried seaweed is REALLY salty!!

• Yeah kind of salty but distinctive.

• I ate a boar's heart after my first hunt.

• Nice one of the things I've wanted to try, any good?

• Raw... like really tough jellow that you can chew on
      Grilled after tenderizing... juicy and soft-rubbery... has better taste than the meat at least in my opinion

• Lol interesting.

• peni... never mind :/

• How r frog legs weird?

• I have eaten raw liver it tasted like salty jelly with a texture of rubber

• Lizard , snacks and some kind of worms dint make me think of it again 😂😂😂😂

• Lol nice.

• Hmmmm that's new information I never knew Americans eat those things too well it's nice to learn new things 😃

• O yeah we eat all sorts of things like that, just gotta do your research and learn, and indeed it's always nice to learn new things :D

• For me... pickled pigs feet.

T'was Prom night.

Never again shall I eat one of those...

• Twat

• Once I've eaten chicken with friends and that was the weirdest thing I've ever had:p
    Emma a veg.

• stopped at cow tongue... nope