If I'm so pretty why don't I ever get asked out?

1 persn in my entire life asked me out. Everyone seems to stare and try to talk but nothing more.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your answer is in your own question.

Ever since i was young, everytime i liked a girl or found her attractive i would just stare at her. I stared at her in hopes she stares at me back and finds me attractive as well, but even if that happens i was still way too scared to go and talk to her. I would just end up exchanging a lot of eye contact with her until one of us leaves and if i was the one to leave (like exiting the bus) i would leave in a walk of shame and downtalk myself or just make excuses to myself why i didn't go talk to her or ask her out.

This phenomenon is very very common in guys, especially when we see really pretty girls. Many times we just think 'she's too pretty for me' or 'a girl like her would never be interested in a guy like me' or 'she must have tons of guys asking her out or hitting on her so i'm not competing with them'.

Only recently have i improved myself and gained a lot of confidence to ask a girl out. I've asked like 10-15 girls so far. But Even now, i still stare at many pretty girls but never ask them out because i'm not really looking for a relationship right now. But when i meet a girl who has the beauty of my dreams (large dark eyes, pretty face, dark hair) then i force myself to do a little more and talk to her.

So yea, after you read what i said. Read your whole question again, and then you will be able to relate to what i said and understand it.

It's basically 2 general factors:
    1. Because you are too pretty
    2. Because many of us are scared to approach a girl and ask her out.

• But they stare at me, they smile at me, they just don't talk to me! If they're intimidated of me they wouldn't do either of the two things

• I do the same, i stare and sometimes smile but don't go talk to her.
      It's not intimidation, it's just being scared to fuck up, scared of getting nervous and not knowing what to say, and scared of rejection.

And in my case, although i'm not scared of any of that anymore, i just don't want to be in a relationship but i enjoy having my beauty acknowledged by a cute girl while i acknowledge hers.

Most Helpful Girl

• well u know, being pretty isn't what it's all about. some men might find u intimidating, others may think ur too good and they have no chance with u. others could think ur a bitch [sad i know]. others just want u to do the approaching. stuff like that.

• I think women compliment each other soo much about looks that the person they are complimenting isn't necessarily great looking but for self esteem reasons women compliment eachother. Maybe she's not good looking

What Guys Said 19

• I have a cousin that I've always been very close to. She's funny, caring, and beautiful. But she's hasn't had a real boyfriend. she believes that it is because that she's ugly. I know her very well, and it's not.

According to psychology, people like (or begin to like) those who like or appear to like them. In other words, most men (especially those without much confidence in dating) need a woman to indicate (give signals) that she likes him. Only then will a man approach and risk rejection, which makes sense. I know her very well and I guarantee that she does not indicate her interest, and that is her actually problem.

It's not just her problem. A lot of woman have this problem and they don't even know it. I'm not exactly saying that is your problem, but it could be.

• I accidentally ran together getting a guy to like you and getting him to approach you. I meant to address them separately, but you should still get where I was going. If you need me to clarify, just ask.

• 'You're maybe giving off some 'toxic' social signals like wrong eye contact, wrong body language or tone of voice issues. Ask for help from a best friend or see a 'life coach' who can offer some constructive criticism.

• When a guy approaches he tries to get a feeling for if you like him or not. If your body language doesn't send the right signals he leaves before asking you out. This is most likely your biggest problem. If you are a shy person it is commonly mistaken for someone disliking someone else because much of the body language is the same.

• I don't know, could be because of your body language, or by the way you talk, your thought process. I am sure it has something to do with your personality, say something about your personality must be putting men off.

• Several options
    1) You're so pretty its intimidating
    Solution: Approach guys you like and become an easy going person

2) You give of a bad vibe
    Solution: Become a better person

3) You aren't as pretty as you think you are
    Solution: Improve your appearance by dressing better and going to the gym

• Why should being pretty be the only requirement to being asked out?

• You're probably impossible to talk to.

• Probably because you don't make yourself approachable. Being pretty is note verything about beign asked out. Eye-contact, being occasionally not surrounded by friends, smile, etc.

• Umm
    Wanna go out with me?
    Now I'm the second person
    See maybe you're too good looking which might make them think that you're out of there league :P lol

• bcus ur intimidating bcus of looks dont rely on the other person to ask you out either. the least u should do is try to understand that they are feeling the exact same feeling as you

• Either you are intimidating, not as pretty as you think, have a toxic personality, Or your ass stinks.

• You probably so fine to the point it scares dudes

• I'm not 'hot' per say, as in the streotypical way that women in music videos are portrayed. But my face is beautiful, and I'm not too short at 5'5 so I guess I give off that majesticish look.

At least that's what I think of myself lol

• In that case you'd probably find me hiding in the bushes with the other 25 guys :P jk

• Whtly dont you ask them out?

• Like most Handsome Kind hearted guys that girls think he has girlfriend it's same with you , they think that you already have it.

• Are you intimidating?

• Appear approachable. Mainly it's confidence.

• "If I'm so pretty"... erm, yeah ok.

What are you basing this on? What people have told you, or actual people who you've been out with?

If it's the former, I'd say it's like when your mom says you're pretty, you kinda just disregard it. It doesn't count unless there's actions to back it up.

If people keep saying you're pretty but won't go out with you you're either

a) Not actually attractive to them and they're just saying you're pretty to make you feel better (guys do this all the time)

or

b) You are pretty but for some reason, your put guys off- either your personality stinks or you're just not getting yourself out there enough

• I do love how all the guys take it at face value what girls say here though;

"She said she's pretty, so she must be... erm, it must be because you intimidate guys then?"

Ever think she might be I dunno... LYING :D or maybe just arrogant or even just completely overstating herself?

Don't be so naive guys, just saying. Notice you on many questions taking things on face value instead of questioning it...

• I'm bored of you. You keep saying the same points. Bye.

• Bye, stay single :D

• Probably intimidated, you're gonna have to do the work

• first off, the " i'm so pretty " is a turn off. 2. you could be HOT but ya gotta have a personality. try asking someone out. if that doesn't work, being single isn't so bad.

What Girls Said 9

• After you leave elementary and get last grade 10 or so, good looks stop being enough to get the guys falling over at your feet. Perhaps, since you clearly are aware of your being more attractive than the average girl, you might come off a bit conceited and/or unapproachable.

Try coming off as a bit more friendly and that might be what it takes to turn the tides in your favour.

• I agree with @RasmusAiken. Something tells me you don't make good eye contact with a guy. If you are insecure that can come off as not interested and closed off.

• because 2016 or you don't spend time with the opposite sex.

• Well if you are way way hot its because you are unapproachable

• "If I'm so pretty..."

There. That. That attitude. Pretty girls are a dime a dozen. Being pretty isn't enough to land you a date

• I'm particularly pretty

• I'm smart too.

also, I'm pretty without all the dolling up. Naturally beautiful

• And that's why you don't get guys. You already come off as conceited to me, but are probably the kind of girl to dismiss this as "jealousy" or "intimidation". Congratulations. Being pretty and smart is also not an achievement. I noticed that you haven't even mentioned anything about what you're like as a person yet, and there you have it.

• How often do u smile? U might seem hard 2 approach.

• Maybe guys find you intimidating. That happens often to pretty girls.

• 1|0
    • I loved that episode of this cartoon hehehe :)

• Because you have self conceit