How I can turn my life around?

I been to jail twice. One time I spent months behind bars. I just want to go back to a time that I was staying out of trouble.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first things first... have you removed yourself from the situations that got you in trouble in the first place?

Now that you've done that... WHAT do you want to do? You've got your MBA... so... What do you want to do with it? Obviously not all the doors that would have been open for you will still be... actions have consequences... but it does give you an opportunity to maybe do something else in your life. Maybe work for a non-profit that helps women like you that maybe don't have the same education you have...

Anyway, I can tell you're a strong woman to have pulled yourself back from the brink. I have faith in you. Have faith in yourself.

What Guys Said 2

• The biggest influence for you in trying to turn things around will be peer groups. If you are spending time with people that do things that you know tempt you, you are going to have a hard time not slipping. The things that you did that got you into trouble will usually still carry an appeal, even if you don't want them to. All it will take is someone calling you when you are having a really shitty day saying "Hey, how are things going? Do you want to..."

Peer groups form your support network. So you need to surround yourself with people that will not cause you to slide back into previous behaviour patterns, and that will instead offer an alternative form of support when you need it instead of a temptation back to a path that you no longer want to travel.

You will need to find people that can listen to you, support you, accept you. But they have to be people that aren't going to also tempt you.

From there it becomes a case of establishing a routine that will keep you feeling busy and satisfied. A job is obviously going to go a long way towards helping with this. Some jail time may affect initial job prospects, but you just need to find a way to start doing something productive. Even if the job seems a bit below you, it needs to be seen as just a means to an end.

• Well you start by identifying the core of your issues and dealing with it. Stop doing whatever it is that you're doing.

What Girls Said 3

• Join groups, do zumba, make more friends, go to college, be around positive people, find a goal and stick to it, find a new hobby, try something you've never done before. Keep a notebook and journal on your journey of accomplishment. Watch motivational videos. :)
    Volunteer for the homeless, walks, runs, retirement homes, etc.

• I went to college and got good grades. I was around the wrong crowd for couple years.

• Leave the wrong crowd and find a good one.
      Positive energy, positive people, positive life.
      They say the people you hang around effect your life. :)
      That's why I'm saying joining programs or classes will help you be around new people.

• Just stay at home.

• Make a plan for yourself. Where do you want to see yourself in 10 years? What kind of a person? Write it all down and start working on it. Good luck.