Do you believe that the steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord?

I was watching a youtube video yesterday about a Jewish hedge fund trader whose life was saved twice by the same stranger - once during a bombing at a coffee shop in Israel and the second time when he took the day off work the day the two planes crashed into the two trade towers that he worked at in new york. And the reason he took the day off work? the guy who saved his life in the coffee shop years ago was undergoing surgery in new york and wanted him there for emotional support so technically, his life was saved by the same stranger twice.

This makes me think that as long as I live righteously, God will put a righteous man in my life and no matter where I go or how I live, our paths will cross and we will end up together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord.

Yes. Live as God has told us to live in the Bible, in love, following a God who is Good, seek ye first the kingdom of God, forgive those who have wronged you, and above all, love God.

Do these things, live rightly, and God will arrange your steps, and the steps of the man who will spend the rest of his life with you.

What Guys Said 9

• This is true as long as you think jesus is a mossad agent. I know what your getting at. The bible says about those who are righteous and pure of heart will always have straight and even paths in life and no harm will come to the least of you and all that. It's God or the universe but there's a higher power that rewards and protects people who approach life with the right attitude towards their fellow man. Hate and you will be hated. Judge and you will be judged. Exalt yourself and you will be humbled. Humble yourself and you will be exalted.

• I grew up Catholic, but now I don't believe in that stuff. If you really look at the universe and the way it is made up, there are many things that suggest that everything is just happenstance. Our whole existence might be because of many factors, like certain objects colliding with the earth, bringing different molecules and things to this planet. Not something done by a gods hand and wish.

If the dinosaurs worshipped a god, would they have been saved? Or do God just want to start over

• Sorry I pressed submit before I finished

I cannot believe that this whole universe was created by a being, who would let many wars erupt in his name or because of a beliefe in him.

Also, why is God usually a man? Because religion is man made. Man sees himself as the most important, man learns how to write and communicate, and in most societies became the dominant figure. So why would they imagine God as a woman?

And with your question there is a famous saying, though I forget by who. It goes something like this, but I will get it slightly wrong, "I find that a man/person who believes in fate, still looks both ways before crossing the road". Which shows that fate isn't real, you can't trust fate, you can't trust a god to put something in your life no matter how much you wish it or expect it.

• I'm not as religious as you are, I just see it as a happy coincidence :D
    But it's so important that your belief gives you strength in life :D

• I wouldn't trust in that type of fate. What of you are supposed to be the one doing the saving, but never put yourself in that position?

• Sure thing boss, but many will contradict your beliefs

• In a word? No.

• No, because the plural of anecdote is not fact. Same for coincidence.

• no, ordered by god, but with jesus's example.

• All the steps in everyday life are planned and ordered by The Lord.

What Girls Said 1

• Yes I do, but the outcone isn't always what we expect or even what we hope for.