Do you think that if you really want something you can get it, no matter what?

If you try really hard and never give up you can get what you want, even if it's not immediate. Whether it be the love of your dreams, a degree in any field & debt free, being famous, finding peace, and etc.

Do you think it's possible? (I'm not talking about the impossibles either, like learning how to fly)

• Anything is possible! ♥
  • Know your limits ✘
  • Indifferent (please explain) ☜

Most Helpful Guy

• Willpower won't overcome physics.

Intelligence and ingenuity can be used to use physics to ones advantage, but physics have always determined our abilities.

What Guys Said 17

• It depends.

From a science perspective, just because you want the love of your dreams doesn't mean you can have the love of your dreams- let me elaborate. Scientists think that when two people have chemistry they give off pheromones. If you two don't have chemistry and you just long for the other person, it doesn't seem as though that will happen.

Furthermore, if you just aren't that person's type, you can't just become their type. I think centering your whole life around trying to be with one person would be a mistake.

Natural talent plays a role in what you can or cannot do. If you don't have natural talent for something, you might never be able to do that thing.

Being famous and being financially successful are in your control- I wouldn't say that's a good thing to center your life around either however.

I guess I"ll say this- if you're willing to give up everything and actually change who you are as a person you can probably achieve whatever you want. The question is whether it's worth it.

• For the things you mentioned, anything is possible but probability of happening them is very low and mostly near 0.

• is there always a way? yes. are you too stupid to figure it out? most likely. im using "you" as "everyone". if you try really really hard to make someone love you and they just dont its not going to matter how hard you try or if you never give up. maybe theyll love you in 20-30 years. but if the love doesn't exist you can't make it exist no matter how hard you try.

as for being famous thats more random than anything. you know how many people want to become famous actors or actresses, try their whole life and never make it big? its like the lottery more than anything. maybe *eventually* you'll succeed, but luck is also a factor. when you take into account our short lives and the possibility of that life being cut very very short if you get hit by a bus or have a heart attack then it doesn't matter how hard you try and if you never give up. on an infinite timeline everything that could possibly happen will happen. thing is we dont have an infinite timeline.

finding peace isn't going to happen really. peace, like happiness is a transient thing. it is incapable of being caught. it comes and goes. doesn't matter how hard you try to hold on to it. just trying to remain happy or at peace is likely to destroy whatever happiness or peace you have.

• I see what your saying and I wasn't going to put love but this family friend after 40years of being rejected by my aunt who personally wrote him a letter saying "never in a million years" is now engaged to the family friend. So I was like I guess I gotta throw that in lol

• I think that yes, if you really want something, it is possible to get it. However, it has to be realistic and not 'I want to become invinsible'

• No. You have to be realistic sometimes and accept a compromise.

• Reality bends to your desires but it does not conform to your desires. Otherwise someone like Maria Sharapova (for example) would be my girlfriend.

• No, you can not get the Moon.

• What about the stars? They are so pretty!

• WOOPS! My bad - misread your comment.
      Obviously things that are currently impossible can't be done without some serious technological advances (if they are even possible to begin with), but I think that anything that is possible can be done somehow.

• @wegetalittletipsy I too think that anything that is possible can be done somehow. Bringing the moon home would be materially impossible. :)

• Only if you work for it.

• In most cases it's possible to achieve your goals with enough hard work and perseverance but sometimes you don't get what you want no matter how hard you try

• Not necessarily. Sometimes we want things we will never get. Just because we want it doesn't mean we'll get it, despite how hard we think we're trying. That's life sometimes.

• I can't get more time xD

• YES - 100%!!!
    But you have to give all you've got!

• I always remember this quote from Turk in Scrubs: I want to sleep with Beyonce tonight instead of my wife, but that ain't happening either.

• If only anything was possible...

• Nope, If I wanted a cannoli, I can just make one.

• This is all a simulation. Remember this.

• no cause not ever girl I've approached has said yes
    and I can take anything but not get anything

What Girls Said 13

• I have been reading Deepak Chopra and I really like his perspective. The idea is that if you really truly want something, it's because the universe wants it for you, or rather the universe wants it *through* you. Christians say this by saying that "God gives you the desires of your heart." Not meaning that God gives you whatever you desire, but God PUTS the desire into your heart.

So if there's something that is deep down the desire of your heart, say to be an artist, you will find some way to make it happen because it's ingrained in your soul. (Something superficial and ego-driven like wanting a super model for your girlfriend is winning the lottery doesn't fall into this category.)

• The bible says that what the righteous desire will be granted but if you are righteous and want something that is bad for you like chocolate cheese cake - your request might get denied.

• Yes I absolutely think anyone can achieve anything they want To. So many people are into putting others down because of their own insecurities but if you want something you need to be selfish and don't let anyone try and knock you down.

• no. but it is not just about your limits. there can be imitations placed on people independent of their will. slavery disease. war. pollution. abuse. poverty. being framed. being abducted. being falsely imprisoned.

• Yeah, if you work hard for it, if it's good for you.

If it doesn't, then that means something better is awaiting you

• I think if something is important enough for you to dream up, its important enough for you to try for. Still, we must accept that we can't get everything we want sometimes we will fail.

• If you want something bad enough. You can get it. It may not be obtained the way you wanted to, but if you're determined, you'll get it.

• Anything is possible ❤️ 🇺🇸☮

• I'd like to believe that but I'm starting to doubt if it's true :(. I still try to pursue my dreams though.

• I used to believe that, but I don't anymore.

• Nope. You can't force someone to love you.

You really can't buy love.

Attraction is also something you can't work at. You either are, or aren't to someone.

• anything is possible ♡

• Yes, without hurting anyone