Do you have a driver's license? How much did you pay for it?

Got mine 3 years ago and it was around 2000 euros.

• Yes I do!
  • No I don't, but I'm planning to.
  • No I don't and probably won't.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Come to the U. S. where it rains Lemonade, the dogs poop silver dollars, and drivers licenses are all but free!

What Girls Said 15

• Yes I do. And as far as I know it was free? I got it when I was sixteen so maybe my parents paid for it.

• Wow, never knew that Americans barely pay anything for their driver's license 😳..
    That's crazy lol.

And I am planning on doing mine in Spring/summer.

• I have one but I didn't pay anything for it. I took a drivers test.

• Yes. I don't know how much it cost because I was 16 and my parents probably paid for it if it cost anything.
    In my state, renewing my license was $5.

• I do have it. I've been driving for five years now and I think it was around 2000€ as well. Though, thank you dad, he paid for it. I paid for the car though.

• Nope... Took the in class portion but as for th driving portion not so much 😕

• I've had on for about 15 years. Not sure how much I paid for it, between fees, drivers ed, and etc.

• I have my license, but I don't remember paying for it.

• California permit test cost $33. To get a lisence you have to have an insured car to take the test

• I don't have my driver's license yet and I'm planning to have it next year or the following year.

• Yes I do. I think it's cost me 20$, although I didn't pay for it

• I paid $9 for the permit and $20 for my liscense but the class was $425.

• I dont have one yet but I'd have to pay around 4000 swiss francs for it

• Yes, I've been driving since I was 15. I went to a driving school and paid $300 for a week's lesson. The license I don't recall paying for.

• I got my permit at 15. I could drive when there was another person with a licence in the car.
    I had to take a course to get my license and it cost $50 because I did it online (in an actual class it would be $200-$300).

So I got my license at 16 for $50

What Guys Said 14

• I'm unfortunately not allowed to drive, so I can't get a license for any motorized vehicle. But in a way I'm also glad about it. Having a car or a motorbike is freaking expensive here in Switzerland anyway. Getting the license costs around 3,000-3,500 Franks, which is about 3,000 Euros. And then there's a gas and insurance and all kind of other stuff and getting a decent car that still works (used of course) costs you 8,000-9,000 Euros. So unless you save up for a long time when you're young, you can just forget about the whole driving thing anyway. And even when you have the car, it's still expensive. For example my dad accidentally touched a wall in a parking garage a few weeks ago. The spot where the car touched the wall was barely visible. It didn't even have a dent. Just the paint had come off a bit. He had to get the car repaired because in Switzerland, there is a law that requires all owners of a motorized vehicle to present their vehicle to a governmental institution every other year. These people make a big check-up and they go over every square inch inside and outside. If they find ANYTHING, even the slightest little problem (such as a spot where the paint has come off), they won't let you drive anymore. In order to get back your permit, you have to get the car repaired first. So my dad had to do that and it cost a ridiculous 2,000 Franks (so like 1,800 Euros) just to get that little spot fixed, although it didn't even compromise the safety or any function of the car.
    So in a way I'm also lucky that I'm not allowed to drive. I can just use all those thousands and thousands of Franks that people waste throughout their lives for their car and motorbike for cooler stuff such as travelling.

• Got mine when I was 17. Don't remember the cost because I did not pay for it. If there was a cost then my dad payed.

• I had mine for 32 years and have had to renew it several times but never paid that much even with my class A license which allows me to drive tractor trailers and have my motorcycle also. I think it was about $280 dollars last time because of all the endorsements and two classes on it, I think it's less than $100 for regular drivers license here

• yeah. i've had mine for a little over 6 years. I don't know. i think it cost like $10 and like $5 to renew it.

• I would like to in the future but since I was 17 I became ill and then further sick due to really unfortunate events. I'm getting better.

First I need to get a job as soon as I get well enough to afford it, then I must get well enough to be able to learn how to drive.

• Yes I do and I paid $25.00 for it.

• You pay for your driver licence in Europe? 😕😕😕

• Waiting till this summer so I can get my license without having a permit for six months beforehand

• Yeah, cost me $60 and $45 per year to renew (CAD)

• 2000€? Thats insane!

• Well, I guess it might be a possibility here as well but it's pretty rare. Most "auto-école" as we call them don't even have automatic cars. It's just a real mess but once you have your licence and your car, you want to keep it pretty badly

• @bombamboum there's no requirement/ different license to learn manual here, I learned it though. Most of the vehicle I've owned are stick, way more fun to drive. Most people learn to drive with their parents here as well, again it doesn't matter who taught you, it the same test.

• Yes. Im From Germany i Paid 1500 Euro

• 25$ dollars

• no i dont , it is so easy to bribe polices on here though

• Nothing. I won it in a lottery.

• At 16 it costed like $50 but at 18 i took a $2700 driving course to help me get my commercial drivers license so I can drive any road going vechele