Do you think it's rude and invasive for someone to ask a woman if her hair is real or not?

Except for maybe your close friends? I personally hate it when people do that it annoys me especially if it's a black girl they're asking this to because 9 × out of 10 they're stereotyping and I've experienced AND witnessed this with my own eyes and it seems as if this doesn't happen much with women of other ethnicities due to not only their race but their fair-skin tone so they automatically assum this and yes I understand that hair Extensions/weave or false hair of any kind is mostly worn by African American women so I can understand why people make such assumptions but do you think it's rude for someone to ask a TOTAL stranger if she's wearing her real hair or not? Do you think it's just out of curiosity or am I just being too serious about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it can be seen as an insult, but it depends on how the receiver takes it

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it is. You never ask a person that kind of question unless you're very very close friends or family.

What Guys Said 1

• Nope

What Girls Said 1

• I've been asked if my hair (color) is real or not for about a thousand times by strangers and friends. Honestly, I think it's a compliment and I like it when people ask me that