Okay to be young and stupid?

I have been thinking about this a lot. I'm nineteen and I'm not exactly an adult who takes mature decisions. I get away with a lot because I'm pretty, I do irresponsible things sometimes and have one night stands.. I spend a lot of money which I shouldn't but seriously you're only young once. I want to live my life at the fullest instead of looking back thinking it was really boring but then I remembered that looks do fade. I'm not gonna have guys running after me in a few years example. I feel bad because perhaps I should be more responsible since everything will go away one day and reality will slap me in the face and I will be left with just memories. I don't know what to do. I'm still young.

Most Helpful Guy

• "I have been thinking about this a lot. I'm nineteen and I'm not exactly an adult who takes mature decisions."

Legally, you're an adult.

"I get away with a lot because I'm pretty, I do irresponsible things sometimes and have one night stands.. I spend a lot of money which I shouldn't but seriously you're only young once."

Thats some impressive thought process you have there. Model girlfriend material.

"I want to live my life at the fullest instead of looking back thinking it was really boring but then I remembered that looks do fade"

They certainly do. Quicker than you think.

"I'm not gonna have guys running after me in a few years example."

So true.

"I feel bad because perhaps I should be more responsible since everything will go away one day and reality will slap me in the face and I will be left with just memories."

And it'll slap you sooner rather than later. Time goes by faster as you get older. Before you realize it, you'll be 25 with just a string of one night stands, no boyfriend, and no one blowing up your phone to be with you because you're old news.

"I don't know what to do. I'm still young."

Get your shit together. You won't be young much longer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hon, I'm north of 40 and I'd still have plenty of worthy suitors, if I were still single. I take care of myself, I run my own life well, and I'm good at what I do.

If you really actually believe that shit that you wrote -- that shit about how God's gna shut off the boy valve for you in just a few years -- then you must be making some seriously crazy bad life choices. The hell?

Nineteen + a few years = mid twenties, tops. If you don't have a line of boys all the way down the block at that age, yr doing it wrong. Life. Doing life wrong.

The money thing, is what it is. Do some "future value" calculations on that money. There should be web pages that do this for you, if you just plug the numbers in. You'll be ASTONISHED how much $100 now will be worth when you are 50, even at modest interest rates.
    Then see if you still wanna blow all that cash right now.

As for the sex, that just depends on where yr coming from with it.
    If yr fuckin' because you genuinely love fuckin', then there's nothing wrong with that. You just have "high sociosexuality", and you should look for a long-term partner who's the same way when yr ready for that.
    Gurl you don't even wanna know, with my body count. LOL And I've been married to the man of my dreams for 15yrs now.

On the other hand, if yr fuckin' because you think something's missing from yr life and that's how yr trying to patch up the hole... that's gna rip yr heart into little shreddy shreds, one shred at a time. Careful, babes.

What Guys Said 3

• You can have fun and do those things sure, just make sure you can live with what you do because it cannot be changed. There is nothing wrong with doing somethings and having fun. My only advice is do not do anything illegal and make sure you understand there are consequences to actions.

• If you think being young is an excuse to act stupid you really are stupid. What are you looking for? Consolation? Well guess what you ain't getting none from me biyatch. Every choice you make has a consequence so remember that.

• I wouldn't take advice from anyone who has the nerve to call a girl "bitch." Bye

• There's another lesson for you OP: not everyone will treat you better because you are "pretty" nor will everyone let you get away with stupid sh it because you are "pretty". You don't know what to do? Grow up and start acting like an adult because nobody is going to hold your hand and using an excuse like "your only young once" is what leads to a life where you look back on your life and say wtf have I done.

• So you are adult enough to have sex but you not adult enough to take responsibility for your actions? not it's not okey to have an slutty lifestyle, and to expect it to not affect your future reputation.

• Slutty lifestyle? Are you really telling me that I'm a slut for having one night stands.. Obviously because I'm a female because if were a male it wouldn't be the same.

• The fact that you are female make it worse, but I had never said that licentiousness is not bad for guys as well, and yes one night stands are an very slutty thing.

What Girls Said 2

• Acknowledging the problem is the first step. You really need to find a focus whether school/education or a career. Be sure you use protection with sex as to not derail you and keep your mind on the idea not that you're only young once, but that life is long and you need to take steps daily, weekly, monthly, yearly to assure your life is a good, comfortable, productive and well recieved life.
    Good luck.

• Yes just not too stupid. :)